RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 09 September 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

Woo that was insane!  What a party! :timewarp:  
:lol:

I was too busy tweeting and retweeting to know!  I helped keep it going as long as I could, I tweeted / retweeted until I couldn't see or type anymore!  :fallover:  
They should name a character after you when they bring back the show.  :nod:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 09 September 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

And a map, with tweets lighting up around the world!  This is a time lapse for the first hour.  You will have to click here to see it, because I can't seem to post it here.  Check out how bright it is in North America and Europe!  See how many dots there are around the world!  
I'm in one of the brightest spots.  I must have a lot of DM neighbors.

And I said "Or someone on Atlantis really wants more Dark Matter!"  :howling:  And Joseph Mallozzi liked that one!  (And probably lots of others. ;))  
Hah. They should work that into a story.  :D

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 09 September 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

Preferably, yes!  :)  The thing is that retweets count the same as original tweets.  So you want your tweet to be retweeted by as many people as possible.  The more interesting / funny etc the tweet, the more likely people are to retweet it!  That's where all the GIFs come in, so I think you are covered with the cartoon.  :cool:
I got retweeted four times, including you.  :shrug:

The general idea with these tweet storms is to post as many tweets as you can, for as long as you can, and retweet everything you see!  Tweet until your fingers and butt are numb!!  :howling:  
Unfortunately, I was not able to do that.  Maybe next time I will be available for butt-numbness.  :lol:

I think everyone knocked themselves out on this one, and it was a huge success!  Here is the plan for the upcoming week:  
I'll help as much as I can.  This was pretty impressive.  I hope Netflix (or Sciffy) takes note.  :nod:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#22 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Aw, thanks for retweeting my webcomic, Sci-Fi Girl.  :happy:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#23 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:52 AM

There's a Monday tag!  Not for trending, just for fun!  #DarkMatterSongs! So basically, it's filk a song title day!  :lol:

Not so many rules this time, and it's for the 24 hours that are Monday in your time zone!  :D

image.jpg

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 11 September 2017 - 11:57 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#24 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

I'm with ya, in spirit, my friend.  I am not ready to join twitter yet, if ever.

#25 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

That's cool.  If you think of any funny song title puns, I could post them from my account if you want.  :)

It's getting very silly over there!  :lol:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#26 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

"PORTIA SOME SUGAR ON ME"

"RAZA THE CASBAH"

"ONCE, TWICE... THREE TIMES A MERCENARY"

"MRS. ROBOTO"

#27 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

^ Do you want me to post those for you, if you don't have twitter?  :)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#28 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

Sure.  Thanks.  

I don't have and will never have Twitter.  It's just not my thing.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 11 September 2017 - 05:11 PM.

#29 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

"We're Captain Portia's Lonely Hearts Club Band...."  :lol:

#30 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:49 AM

Ok, FarscapeOne, I tweeted yours a earlier, and here they are:

"PORTIA SOME SUGAR ON ME"

"RAZA THE CASBAH"

"ONCE, TWICE... THREE TIMES A MERCENARY"

"MRS. ROBOTO"

They already have a few likes and retweets!  :)

Later I will link to some of the ones I posted, and some of my favorite fun ones that I saw today.  ;)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#31 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:12 AM

Tuesday is movie day!  #DarkMatterMovies

DarkMatterFTL

HT 4 casual Tues tweet. #DarkMatterMovies (Thx @Michele6784 ) Change a title of a movie to Dark Matter. Ex: A Raza Tale (A Knight's Tale)

11:04 PM - 11 Sep 2017

Tuesday movies - DJffmqyUIAAiRM-.png

DarkMatterFTL

Remember the hashtag for casual days are suggested; if you don't want to use them, just tweet as you have been; no pressure to participate.

11:06 PM - 11 Sep 2017

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 12 September 2017 - 01:14 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#32 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:59 AM

"MIKKEI AND ME"  (MAC AND ME)

"BLADE RYU"  (BLADE RUNNER)

"A NYX TALE"  (A BRONX TALE)

"THE PORTIA BRIDE"  (THE PRINCESS BRIDE)

#33 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 12 September 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

"BLADE RYU"  (BLADE RUNNER)

Did you mean Ryo?  Or did you spell it that way on purpose?

Just checking before I post.  :)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#34 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

RYO.

I forgot to go back and edit.  Thanks for catching that.

#35 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:16 PM

^ Here they are: :)

"MIKKEI AND ME"  (MAC AND ME)

"BLADE RYO"  (BLADE RUNNER)

"A NYX TALE"  (A BRONX TALE)

"THE PORTIA BRIDE"  (THE PRINCESS BRIDE)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 12 September 2017 - 11:36 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#36 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

There's a new tag for wednesday, and there's a bit of a shift.  Apparently there were some high up conference calls today, which might be the reason for this shift in direction.

Syfy may not be out for good.  We are supposed to spend the day telling Syfy why we love the show so much, and share all our favorite moments.  With pics and GIFs.

No tweeting to netflix today.  We have focused on them for a week now.  Today is about Syfy, with the idea that sending love will get a better response than anger.

Today's tweets should all have three things:  #DarkMatterMoments @Syfy @mccumberc

Both of those @ tags must be there, and spelled correctly.

Here is the word from @DarkMatterFTL:

DarkMatterFTL

Here we go! New hashtag.  Before I post it, we know that some of U aren't going to like this, but its important.
11:03 PM - 12 Sep 2017

We know it will be difficult for many, but ALL OPTIONS must be explored. The network will respond better to a positive campaign vs neg words
11:06 PM - 12 Sep 2017

So please, we are pleading with you -- let's do this for Dark Matter's sake. I know we can. Now let me post the links to GIFs & screencaps
11:06 PM - 12 Sep 2017

Be sure you get that man's name right on the @ Check spelling. Once you type it it should just come up and you can click on it each time
11:07 PM - 12 Sep 2017

Let's show them how classy the Dark Matter fans can be!
11:08 PM - 12 Sep 2017

Here is the link to help you with pictures and GIF's thanks to @Thogar https://drive.google...ref=gc …
11:09 PM - 12 Sep 2017

Here is another source for GIFs and pictures. http://teamraza.tv/
11:10 PM - 12 Sep 2017

Here is a great place for screencaps: http://genrecaps.net...cat=26 …
11:11 PM - 12 Sep 2017

And here is the official mission!

The hashtag is #DarkMatterMoments Why do you love Dark Matter so much? And yes, we need U to do both @ mentions. Use pics & Gifs to help.
11:04 PM - 12 Sep 2017

moments - DJkpIBdVYAEKRIy.jpg

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 12 September 2017 - 11:36 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#37 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 12 September 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

No tweeting to netflix today.  We have focused on them for a week now.  Today is about Syfy, with the idea that sending love will get a better response than anger.  
I can get behind that.  I'll try to do some Tweeting tonight.  I didn't get a chance to do any movies last night.

#38 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

Today is #DarkMatterMoments day 2!

moments 2 - DJp1ONdUQAAfTar.jpg

DarkMatterFTL

Repeating today's effort on Thurs. Remember 3 things in each tweet @Syfy @mccumberc (Chris McCumber) & #DarkMatterMoments ROCK IT FANS!
11:15 PM - 13 Sep 2017

Your tweets for #DarkMatterMoments don't have to have pics or GIFs; please use just words if you find that easier.
1:03 AM - 14 Sep 2017

SFG :)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#39 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:34 AM

And another epic Friday is planned for tomorrow!!!  An AMA on Reddit at 7 PM EDT, followed by another mega tweet storm at 9 PM!!  With a bunch of cast members participating!

friday plans - DJsRgI_XcAAl2Me.jpg

Also, this:

DarkMatterFTL

Look everyone. We have another cast member joining us on Friday. @syfy @mccumberc More #DarkMatterMoments are yet to be made.
8:23 AM - 14 Sep 2017

Mishka Thébaud

I'll definitely be sure to tweet as much as I can come Friday ;)
8:15 AM - 14 Sep 2017

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#40 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,795 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Looks like the campaign is drawing some attention.  :happy:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Fan campaign

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users