Jump to content


Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Getting decrepit


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

I looked for some personal forum to put this in and didn't see one. If there is somewhere more appropriate for the thread mods or admins please feel free to move it.

I had to go in the hospital a couple weeks ago and PM'ed a couple close friends with that info. I didn't feel the need for it to be public knowledge. I've been in before. But the trip to urgent/Emergency care and subsequent admission for overnight observation on a blood thinner spawned giant leg injury hematoma turned into a ten day stay, including putting a damper on my birthday this past Labor Day.

I finally got out Friday after they stabilized my leg with a nifty little wound/vac machine that allows a larger opening to heal more quickly and efficiently, like throwing on of those vacuum gizmos that vac pac steaks and salmon fillets for freezer storage for freshness, but instead on your leg. I was home for the weekend and then found myself with difficulty breathing Sunday night. We called the home health nurse service who was going to be visiting three times a week to tend to things to see if some oxygen could be brought to the house and they said no, we'll send an ambulance...you come see us again.

After X- ray and CT scanning it was discovered that I have some blood clots in my lungs. That bummed me out as you might expect. I had always heard that was pretty bad, that usually you find out about that condition with a harp in your hand or maybe a shovel for brimstone. But I've been told once my regimen of blood thinner kicks back in, having been suspended in trying to clot the wound, that hopefully the clots will dissolve and my posting career here can continue unabated. Despite whatever outcome please let it be known that posting and interacting with my fellow Ex Islers has been a joy and a useful part of my life. Ok, carry on now, all of you.

Edited by yadda yadda, 12 September 2017 - 01:00 PM.


#2 Omega

Omega

    Nous sommes tous Franšais

  • Moderator
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

...that is a lot of scary words in an even more scary order. So glad you're okay!

I've wooshed you to the Beach, where I think this is more appropriate. But a link will remain in OT so the usual denizens can see it.

#3 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

Thanks, Omega!

#4 Orpheus

Orpheus

    I'm not the boss of you!

  • Administrator
  • 17,407 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Wow, that's heavy, heavy news.

I just finished a write-up to my primary, in advance of my annual check-up (It's true: docs are the worst patients), and I wasn't sure whether to feel bad or good about how things are going.

Your situation really put my issues in perspective.

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Yadda, you be sure to take care of yourself.  Sending my best thoughts and wishes your way.

#6 gsmonks

gsmonks

    Tree Psychiatrist

  • Islander
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

I got nuthin', except take care, and get better!
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#7 Elara

Elara

    Feel the silence of the moonlight.

  • Watchdog
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

Having been worrying throughout this, all I can say is... I'm worrying some more! I got fingers and toes all crossed, that the blood thinners remove the clots and quick! :hugs:
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~


"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

I'm sorry to hear all that.  :(  I'm sure the blood thinners will take care of those blood clots pretty quick.  I've known a couple of people with something similar.

I can relate to the phenomenon of decrepitude, unfortunately-- my hematologist said I didn't have to come back for a year, got the lab results, and said let's keep it every six months for a while-- which is unfortunately an unavoidable aspect of aging for now.  We just have to hang on a day at a time until that immortality breakthrough arrives.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

View PostOrpheus, on 12 September 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

Wow, that's heavy, heavy news.

I just finished a write-up to my primary, in advance of my annual check-up (It's true: docs are the worst patients), and I wasn't sure whether to feel bad or good about how things are going.

Your situation really put my issues in perspective.


Yes, Orph. It does make one focus on what truly matters.

#10 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 12 September 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Yadda, you be sure to take care of yourself.  Sending my best thoughts and wishes your way.

Thank you, FO. I still need to ask you about your acquisition by Amazon and what retail ripples it may portend. Glad you made it through Irma ok!

#11 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:09 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 12 September 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

I got nuthin', except take care, and get better!
well, that's better than nuthin'.   ;-)

#12 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 12 September 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

View PostFarscapeOne, on 12 September 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Yadda, you be sure to take care of yourself.  Sending my best thoughts and wishes your way.

Thank you, FO. I still need to ask you about your acquisition by Amazon and what retail ripples it may portend. Glad you made it through Irma ok!

Yeah, message whenever, and I'll respond as soon as possible.

#13 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 12 September 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

I'm sorry to hear all that.  :(  I'm sure the blood thinners will take care of those blood clots pretty quick.  I've known a couple of people with something similar.

I can relate to the phenomenon of decrepitude, unfortunately-- my hematologist said I didn't have to come back for a year, got the lab results, and said let's keep it every six months for a while-- which is unfortunately an unavoidable aspect of aging for now.  We just have to hang on a day at a time until that immortality breakthrough arrives.
Thank you, RJ. You'll get no debate or disagreement on that here! :)  Thanks for the encouragement. It is much needed and appreciated.Especially from an honored resident of my favorite American city and home neighborhood, Boston!


#14 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

View PostElara, on 12 September 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

Having been worrying throughout this, all I can say is... I'm worrying some more! I got fingers and toes all crossed, that the blood thinners remove the clots and quick! :hugs:
Thanks, El. I made noise and prevented  the witch doctor from coming back on my case after her week hiatus. No more leeches,  boiling oil, and medieval times!

#15 sierraleone

sierraleone

    All things Great and Mischievous

  • Islander
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:59 PM

Hope the next piece of medical news is good news!

View PostOrpheus, on 12 September 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

Wow, that's heavy, heavy news.

I just finished a write-up to my primary, in advance of my annual check-up (It's true: docs are the worst patients), and I wasn't sure whether to feel bad or good about how things are going.

Your situation really put my issues in perspective.

Nurses too ;) My mom is a former nurse and doesn't often share that with her doctors (or nurses). :)

Edited by sierraleone, 13 September 2017 - 10:31 AM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#16 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:25 AM

^ Thanks, sierraleone. And some of my best friends now are nurses!

#17 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

Sorry to hear all the stuff you've been going through and I'm sending strong wishes that things start really improving for you!!  Meanwhile,  just take it one day at a time.  Sounds like you're in good medical hands.  ExIsle needs you!
Cats will never be extinct!

#18 3C273

3C273
  • Islander
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  Sorry to learn of your health problems.

#19 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

View PostThemis, on 13 September 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Sorry to hear all the stuff you've been going through and I'm sending strong wishes that things start really improving for you!!  Meanwhile,  just take it one day at a time.  Sounds like you're in good medical hands.  ExIsle needs you!

Thank you Themis. It takes a lot of patience to be a patient. Is Irma getting y'all wet where you are? I'm not able to easily visit the other board from my iPad so if there is anyone there concerned tell them thanks and please express my regrets for not being able to touch base on the Nutforum.

#20 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

View Post3C273, on 13 September 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  Sorry to learn of your health problems.
Thanks, 3C273! Take my advice, try not to get old. Or if you do, do your best to stay as healthy as possible.

Edited by yadda yadda, 13 September 2017 - 01:09 PM.





0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users