#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:32 AM

Yup, you read that right. Just heard it on the CBC:

http://globalnews.ca...ada-us-defence/

Well, US, I guess this means you can take NORAD, which we've supported since 1958, and shove it up your ass.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

You guys pay for our Southern border wall (since Mexico won't) and we'll think about defending you from nukes. I mean it's not like you've been our staunchest ally and valiantly fought at our side in every war since the beginning of the 20th century or anything...oh wait.  :(

Edited by yadda yadda, 15 September 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#3 rodglas

rodglas

Beneath the Surface; Lies the Future

• Islander
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:01 PM

I doubt the US or Canada will ever actually put into a position where we a required to even attempt to defend ourselves from a N. Korean ICBM.  All the bluster and threats are designed to gain concessions from the International community on things like sanctions.  Kim Jong-Un wants to show his generals and people just how well he can play us ( like his father and grandfather did before him).  I don't think he has factored in Trumps counter-bluster in his strategy but I see this as very unlikely to lead to war.
"Requested items: One Mark V ECM unit, 1000 km of fullerene cable, one low yield nuclear warhead. Stated purpose: birthday party for foreign dignitary." --Argosy Special Operations Service requisition form, CY 9512

#4 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:18 PM

True. But he could still nuke us, if only by accident, and the US still wouldn't intervene.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users