Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

I'm back! (I hope...)

ST:DSC Discovery Star Trek

6 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

SO - I had to leave Ex Isle for personal reasons some years back, and though I have from time to time peeked in, I've mostly been away.

Even before my self-imposed exit, there was the dwindling participation that resulted in a couple of experiments to try to draw rallying support around a particular bit of fandom... alas, the new viewing landscape means that we are deeply divided in our viewing habits - some people like Arrowverse, some people like Marvel's Cinematic Universe, some people like other fandom stuff - but mostly we haven't been watching with the kind of engagement and intensity that made it so much fun to be here, and certainly we haven't ALL been watching the same stuff.  So - when I had to leave, I did, with sadness, but feeling that ... maybe the moment was over.

I'm SO glad that y'all kept the lights on... because we have another TREK!  So, I personally love the new Trek, at least so far, and think there's plenty of meat on the bones.  Heck - just the fact that it's Trek means there's meat on the bones - the writers would have to do a lot to shave off the depth of knowledge that is baked into the Trek name even before they put pen to paper.  And, my personal circumstances being slightly alleviated means I have a tiny bit of time to be here.  I'm really hopeful that Trek (even with the obnoxious pay requirement, at least here in the US) will be something lots of Ex Islers want to discuss... I'm looking forward to discussing with you all!

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

Welcome back!  So nice to see your name showing up again. :)
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,077 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

Welcome back! Despite the derision some of us have expressed towards the new series, I think we're all hopeful that things will improve in future episodes.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,594 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

Welcome back, QT!!!  It's good to hear from you again.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:04 PM

So happy to see you!

I caught the first episode of the new Trek. I mostly liked it, and I definitely have liked reading your thoughts on it in the Trek threads.
I am not current optimistic about catching the rest of this season of Trek unfortunately.
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

Glad to have you back QT!  :D

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 JudasRimmer

JudasRimmer

Emperor of Incompetence

• Islander
  • 682 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

Welcome back QT! :)

Dave.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ST:DSC, Discovery, Star Trek

0 user(s) are browsing this forum