The NEW post-move server glitch thread

115 replies to this topic

#101 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

That sounds like a temporal anomaly.  The tachyon screen probably needs to be refreshed.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#102 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:20 AM

Maybe they deleted the new post immediately after posting it.

I do that a lot. One of the most important things I've learned on the Internet is that the Universe does not need to hear my opinions.

Hmm... but looking at the error logs, it looks like I may have screwed up the media tag [embedded videos]. Remind me if I don't fix it.

#103 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

^^  Remember to fix the media tag.  :D

I had some trouble posting last night in the hug threads.  It took forever to get into EI and then forever for my posts to post. And when I say "forever," I mean "five-to-ten minutes."  It took so long that I looked in on EI on my iPhone to see if it would be any different.  It was.  I got an SQL error.  :o
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#104 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:06 AM

Looks like we are back!!!  That felt like a long day and a half, LOL! :hehe:

Thank you Orpheus for getting things running again!!  :hugs:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#105 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,084 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:19 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 26 July 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

SFG

He probably forgot to pay the electric bill.

#106 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:28 AM

View PostM.E., on 26 July 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 26 July 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

SFG

He probably forgot to pay the electric bill.

Hehe... :hehe:

You have 2 emails.  ;)

SFG :cool:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#107 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:40 AM

Yeah, due to RL stuff I was barely online for a couple of days, so I didn't know it was down

When the quack's away, the (mice? hamsters? what?) will play.

It was a one-minute fix.

#108 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,346 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:34 AM

Yay!!!!!!  No more My SQL errors!!!!!!   It was hell the whole time the board was down.  I'm so glad it is back.  Thank you, Orph.  {{{{{{{{{{Orph}}}}}}}}
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#109 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,602 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:20 AM

Thanks, Orph.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#110 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

It's ALIIIIVE!  Thank you, Orph.  :)

By the way, I forget if we talked about this at one point, but does everybody know about this?  It's a little haven where we can convene in the event of an SQL attack, while waiting for the forces of Orpheus to prevail.

#111 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:42 PM

While just trying to post a minute ago, I had a long wait time and then a database error.  I backed up and tried again and it went through normally that time.

#112 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:00 PM

We seem to be experiencing some significant slowness the past several days.  :unsure:

#113 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,084 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:38 PM

Orpheus peeked in the other day and then the board started acting up.  Coincidence?

Weird. :lol:

#114 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:40 PM

It's the Peek of Evil.  :unsure:

#115 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

Everything seems good now.  :thumbs-up:

#116 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

That's always good.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users