#21 Billzs

Billzs
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

View Postgsmonks, on 04 October 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

View PostBillzs, on 04 October 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

View Postgsmonks, on 02 October 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

It's a classic case of mental illness, with lots of tip-offs. The father had mental health issues (sociopath). Paddock was a gambler.

In my estimation, Paddock was bi-polar. A few signs of bi-polar are gambling and grandiosity. Spree killers often experience episodes of extreme grandiosity (feeling god-like and above other people).

The devil's in the details, as they say. For example, as a teenager/young adult, my younger brother, a musician, used to fantasize about the band opening up on the audience with machine-guns, the ultimate display of contempt for the audience. I heard the same fantasy uttered from the mouths of other musicians over the years, so as a fantasy it's a "thing". I'm willing to bet Paddock harboured a similar fantasy over the years, and finally acted on it.

Then there are people like myself who have low serotonin levels, or else their bodies can't process serotonin. If untreated, I can well understand how such a person could do what Paddock did. It's a condition that is invisible to everyone else, feels horrible all the time, even when a person is asleep, and the sufferer is hanging by a thread (of control and impulse-control) literally all the time.

There but for the grace of dog doo eye.

The real evidence show that HIGH, not low, serotonin, achieved by eating certain antidepressants (serotonin reuptake inhibitors), leads to violence, homicide, suicide -- http://www.supplemen...de-effects.html

Dunno what you've been reading, but that's bollocks.

When you look for statistics, don't just look for one crackpot site that seems to support one crackpot idea. Look at the overall studies (which takes time) in order to draw informed conclusions.

You're answering with slander and arrogance, rather than real evidence, and you want me to believe you're about forming INFORMED conclusions? Evidently you're out of your mind. I don't answer anymore to such irrationality and snobbery. It's clear what you're all about.

#22 Seph

Seph

Known to disappoint.

• Just Washed Ashore
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

View PostElara, on 04 October 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

View PostSeph, on 04 October 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

My first impression was mental illness. Do we know if he was diagnosed as mentally ill.

That is my thought as well, but so far, if there was, it was not known by family. His father had issues and was on the most wanted list, so there could be something that was passed on to the shooter.

Those extra X&Y chromosomes can be a real bitch...

#23 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:24 PM

View PostBillzs, on 04 October 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

It's a classic case of mental illness, with lots of tip-offs. The father had mental health issues (sociopath). Paddock was a gambler.

In my estimation, Paddock was bi-polar. A few signs of bi-polar are gambling and grandiosity. Spree killers often experience episodes of extreme grandiosity (feeling god-like and above other people).

The devil's in the details, as they say. For example, as a teenager/young adult, my younger brother, a musician, used to fantasize about the band opening up on the audience with machine-guns, the ultimate display of contempt for the audience. I heard the same fantasy uttered from the mouths of other musicians over the years, so as a fantasy it's a "thing". I'm willing to bet Paddock harboured a similar fantasy over the years, and finally acted on it.

Then there are people like myself who have low serotonin levels, or else their bodies can't process serotonin. If untreated, I can well understand how such a person could do what Paddock did. It's a condition that is invisible to everyone else, feels horrible all the time, even when a person is asleep, and the sufferer is hanging by a thread (of control and impulse-control) literally all the time.

The real evidence show that HIGH, not low, serotonin, achieved by eating certain antidepressants (serotonin reuptake inhibitors), leads to violence, homicide, suicide -- http://www.supplemen...de-effects.html

When you look for statistics, don't just look for one crackpot site that seems to support one crackpot idea. Look at the overall studies (which takes time) in order to draw informed conclusions.

You're answering with slander and arrogance, rather than real evidence, and you want me to believe you're about forming INFORMED conclusions? Evidently you're out of your mind. I don't answer anymore to such irrationality and snobbery. It's clear what you're all about.

Probably a fake account, too.

Attached Files

Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#24 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:45 AM

Uh-huh. That's what I thought. Someone creating fake accounts and trolling a few times. Probably from their local library, hoping their IP address wouldn't give them away.

#25 Billzs

Billzs
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

The lack of rationality seems to be endemic here. The same type of people attracting each other here. I'm out of  here. Bye.

#26 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

View PostBillzs, on 06 October 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

The lack of rationality seems to be endemic here. The same type of people attracting each other here. I'm out of  here. Bye.

ummm... one person attacks you and we are all that way? Thanks.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#27 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,521 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

It seems to be taking an unusually long time to come up with motive.  Usually they find incriminating evidence on line by now.  Now I hear they are investigating whether other people were in or visited the shooter's hotel room. I wish they'd come up with a motive.  Undoubtedly not a rational motive, but a motive.

BTW, since this happened at a country music festival, it has hit the Nashville community only a little less hard than it hit Vegas - almost like it happened here - and maybe even more than it hurt the rest of the country. Not that it makes things any easier.  Vince Gill and Keith Urban were part of a vigil concert Monday night.  Not that said vigils do much for the victims but, much like funerals, maybe they offer some solace to the families.  Just a little local - to me - perspective.  There's a pall over this city too.
Cats will never be extinct!

#28 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostElara, on 06 October 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

View PostBillzs, on 06 October 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

ummm... one person attacks you and we are all that way? Thanks.

It's a fake account, along with "Seph". I'm betting they're both the same person. As I said, check the IP addresses. They probably originate at a library or cafe, near to a certain somebody.

#29 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

View PostThemis, on 06 October 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

It seems to be taking an unusually long time to come up with motive.  Usually they find incriminating evidence on line by now.  Now I hear they are investigating whether other people were in or visited the shooter's hotel room. I wish they'd come up with a motive.  Undoubtedly not a rational motive, but a motive.

BTW, since this happened at a country music festival, it has hit the Nashville community only a little less hard than it hit Vegas - almost like it happened here - and maybe even more than it hurt the rest of the country. Not that it makes things any easier.  Vince Gill and Keith Urban were part of a vigil concert Monday night.  Not that said vigils do much for the victims but, much like funerals, maybe they offer some solace to the families.  Just a little local - to me - perspective.  There's a pall over this city too.

The Law 'n' Order types ar

The Law 'n' Order talking heads a

The Law 'n' Order talking heads are becoming especially grating. They're so "absolutely certain" of their unsubstantiated opinions that they're starting to come across as rabid barking dogs.

As I mentioned before, this was the case when that roaming sniper and his nephew went on their killing spree. All those Law 'n' Order talking heads were so absolutely certain of . . . mountains of stuff that turned out to be dead wrong.

They're probably right-wing Conservative types, given their dogma and their idiotic trust in "the gut" thing.

When you get your night rating for flying aircraft, the #1 thing they drill into you is that trusting your "gut" will get you killed 100% of the time, because it will provide you with exactly the wrong information.

I think these Law 'n' Order types should take flying lessons.

I have friends in Nashville who are just sick over the Vegas massacre. As a group, they're near the bottom of any list I can come up with in terms of people to shoot at. The only thing worse I can think of is shooting at children.

The lack of empathy I can understand, but how do you go from a lack of empathy to murder? Wouldn't lack of empathy just translate as "indifference"? If it was simple indifference, I very much doubt killing would enter the picture. Hate has to enter the picture somewhere, but who hates country music goers?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users