Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

The Dave Cullen Show's Review of ST: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery Star Trek: Discovery: Season 1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 03 October 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

I haven't seen any episodes, mainly because I refuse to pay money to watch one show.

OK - I'm going to have some fun dissecting this nonsense.  Maybe as I listen, something insightful will spill out, but I'm at the 5 minute mark, and not really seeing it.

Let's just start with this guy's take on a woman named Michael.  How soon we forget.  Or maybe he never knew: https://en.wikipedia...Michael_Michele

Moving on.

He talks about JJ Abrams efforts at diversifying Star Wars/Trek, and not wanting to call stuff "Urban".  His take?  America is a majority white nation!!!  So... Question... how is that relevant to a story set in the future - when America's MAJORITY WHITE status is likely to be ... not a fact anymore? Or is that the problem?  ALSO, at least in the case of Star Trek (I'm not a Star Wars fan, so I can't comment too much there), we're dealing with a UNITED planet.  So, what does that have to do with AMERICA being majority white?

More later.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#2 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

I do miss humans who aren't Americans, though. Except for Georgiou, no one has a foreign accent like Scotty, Chekov, Bashir, Picard.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Discovery: Season 1

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users