• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

I've heard accounts of his life told two ways: 1) he seemed normal, and 2) he seemed to be devolving, and at the end had become bug-eyed and strange.

Too bad he blew his brains out. An autopsy might have shown what was wrong with him. Degenerative brain disease can explain his behaviour, as could a brain tumor.

That "bug-eyed look" is something I'm familiar with, having worked in a psych ward many years ago. Schizophrenics often develop a bug-eyed look, and a bug-eyed look is often associated with a number of psychotic disorders.

Most schizophrenia hits at a fairly young age, from the onset of puberty to the early 20s. But there are also cases that evolve very slowly, over a person's lifetime. I knew a guy who didn't become schizophrenic until well into his 40s. Had a wife and kids, a house and two cars. Ended up living in rooms, spending his Welfare cheques on cars that didn't run, bumming money for food and cigarettes. Before the onset of his illness, he was one of the smartest guys I'd ever met.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#42 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

Watch this. It is a really powerful poetry video on the subject. Kind of haunting, and it's meant to be.

Video link

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users