Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

SFG has a suggestion for the lost posts. Need your input.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 04 October 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

As to the lost posts from the weekend, I normally sign up for email notification for all posts, so I could repost some of other people's posts that way, if nobody minds.  Ironically it won't have any of my posts, and the formatting and quotes will be a little wonky, but the content will be there.  Would that be helpful?

SFG

To me, this sounds better than losing those posts (which I presume the authors meant to be published/permanent)

But since it involves the work of others, I'd like some input.

PM me if you'd specifically like to exclude one or all of your posts from being reposted this way, and I'll make sure they aren't, or are deleted.

#2 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

I don't mind my posts being reposted if they exist somewhere else.
QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Orph, should I PM you with what I have, and let you do the rest?  I will work on sorting them by thread.

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

PM will be fine.

Does anyone similarly have SFG's posts via email notification? She obviously didn't get notifications on her own posts.

#5 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

Only posts I had were from yadda and LotS. I've already given yadda his and let LotS know that I have his, but I suspect neither wants to bother with re-posting.
I never considered that notifications sent copies. I should use that from now on, just in case. :lol:
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

I think it's a brilliant idea and I'd be happy to have anything that was lost reposted.  Unfortunately, I've never used notifications myself, so I don'[t have copies of SFG's posts.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

I have sorted the emails by thread, and will send them to Orpheus soon.  Fair warning on the limitations:

- Time-stamp may be wrong, as the email is sometimes delayed by several minutes up to several hours.  A few posts may be in the wrong order for this reason.

- No formatting or pictures, just text.  Links should still be there.

- Quotes are screwy.  Sometimes quoted text does not appear, or causes other text to not appear.  Multiple quotes almost always disappear.

The big one:

- There are no posts for threads I did not "subscribe" to. I never subscribed to the Babylon 5 thread, for example.  

- Also, when a new thread is created, I get a notice of the first post.  But if I don't get here right away to subscribe, I miss any following posts until I do.  While the board was blinking in and out on Sunday and Monday, I somehow missed subscribing to the thread for Star Trek Discovery episode 3.  I do regret that.

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 05 October 2017 - 02:34 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

Chunk sent to Orpheus, more to come soon

- One more limitation: it only captures each post as originally written, no subsequent edits or additions will appear.

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

Everything i have is now sent to Orpheus! :)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users