Supergirl CW DC

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image

DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF YOU - Kara (Melissa Benoist) deals with the loss of Mon-El (Chris Wood) by focusing all her energy on being Supergirl and the mysterious new threat against National City. Alex (Chyler Leigh) confesses a secret to Maggie (guest star Floriana Lima) about their impending nuptials. A citizen of National City has a mysterious connection to Kara, and Lena (Katie McGrath) makes a bold move.

Read more: Listings - SUPERGIRL on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz4v3Y7wx00

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:53 PM

That was a strong premiere. Not as epic as season 2's premiere, but it's hard to top the first Supergirl/Superman team-up. I liked that this episode focused more on Kara and what she was going through after her decision to make Earth deadly to Daxamites, including Mon-El.

It makes sense that Kara would throw herself into her role as Supergirl to the exclusion of everything else, and is a nice bit of symmetry with season 2 where she tried to make her Kara Danvers life more prominent.

The discussion between Kara and Alex about Kara shutting everyone out was amazing. Both actresses brought their A game and the tension between them was palpable. There were no easy answers or pat sayings to make Kara's hurt go away. She had to do that herself.

Ooh, they brought in Morgan Edge. That will be fun. He has already made things interesting by trying to take over CatCo and then threatening Lena. I was glad that Supergirl knew almost immediately that he was behind the attack on the port.

Nice mention of General Lane. I was shocked to see the Daxamite ship but it makes sense that the military would try to keep their hands on some of the advanced technology.

I liked Cat's cameo even if I wish she had been in the episode more. It makes sense for her to be the President's new Press Secretary, considering her role in the Daxamite invasion.

I have my fingers crossed that this season the writers will have more for Jimmy to do. Already his character seems better. We actually got to see him in his role as the head of CatCo and got a nice conversation between him and Kara.

Winn was amazing as always. I loved how he listened in on Alex and Maggie's wedding conversation and said that they were his favorite couple.

Speaking of, I am glad that the wedding is going forward. I know the actress playing Maggie wasn't able to commit to being a season regular so I was afraid that she would be killed off. I guess it could still happen but I want to see Alex and Maggie get married.

I saw Alex asking J'onn to walk her down the aisle coming a mile away but that didn't mean it wasn't a sweet moment.

Bloodsport is a random villain to use but that's okay. He seems like a one and done.

I did not expect to see Reign this early; nor was I expecting to see her as a mother who apparently doesn't know she's not human.

The scene where Supergirl lifts the submarine out of the water was so full of win. I love that this show can give us these amazing, only Supergirl (or Superman) can do that type of moments.

Erica Durance is now playing Kara's mother which rocks. I loved her as Lois on Smallville and it's always great to see actors from other Superman related works show up on the newest iteration. I do hope she returns.

I really hope they bring Mon-El back, and hopefully it will be soon.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:12 AM

Supergirl has pierced ears? How can Supergirl have pierced ears? Doesn't she have bulletproof nipples of steel?

I call wardrobe oversight.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,596 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

Could the earrings be magnetic, or maybe clip-ons?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

She has had those earrings since the beginning of the series, and never an explanation given.  And no, it never made sense.

Ooh, unless her ears were already pierced on Krypton before she came to earth?  She was 13, so maybe?  I never looked for that in the flashbacks, LOL!

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

I really really loved this episode. At first I was like: Lots of people deal with loss, get over it. This isn't the first time she's had to deal with it." But her conversation with Alex showed just how much her making that decision was tearing her up, and it really brought home the full impact of her grief.

Not really sure how I feel about a new actress playing her mother. I hate it when shows cast new actors/actresses for roles that were already cast and played by others.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#7 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,028 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

https://scifi.stacke...er-ears-pierced
Official answer is that she got her ears pierced on Krypton.

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

I guessed right, LOL!  :lol:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, CW, DC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users