• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:24 AM

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.3554998

Chalk up yet another victory for President Trump. Apparently the nose dive in the NFL ratings, and the prospect of loosing tax breaks, has caused Goodell to reconsider allowing disrespect of the flag and country. The boy has apparently rediscovered his patriotism.

And despite liberal outcries about "right of protest", what the liberals fail to realize is that: Yes, you can go to your job and protest. You have that right. Just don't be surprised when your boss says "You're fired." Which is probably why most protests tend to take place outside of people's jobs, and usually happen in the streets.

As I've said before: Everyone who has gone up against Trump has lost.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#2 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,807 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:16 AM

^ I read that the NFL gave up their tax breaks a few years ago. Then someone clarified that to the building of the playing arenas, but isn't that usually a local / state decision?

While I agree employers have wide discretion to require things of their employees, do you really think and like the idea of enforced patriotism, which is unpatriotic (both in enforcing and in displaying), is not problematic? It makes patriotism an act instead of genuine expression. And the meddling of a government official in this is not right.

Trump has only "won" because he and other people have managed to ignore and overpower the narrative of the kneelers and replace it with their own. Instead of this being about authentic respectful kneeling to protest/bring attention/start a conversation about disportionate police brutality against black citizens, it is now about requiring genuflecting and parroting to patriotism and the troops and Trump and forgetting the 1st amendment.

If we like to deflect from real problems (police brutality) to deal with fake problems (insufficient displays of patriotism), yep, this country and it's President is doing a great job.

Edited by sierraleone, 11 October 2017 - 05:28 AM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,807 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:33 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 11 October 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

Not quite, or ACA repeal and tax reform would already be done :p ;)

Even if were true the privileged rich bully has always "won" against everyone else that doesn't mean he is right. Winning does not determine morality, just like might doesn't mean right.

Edited by sierraleone, 11 October 2017 - 05:36 AM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#4 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:12 AM

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.3554998

Chalk up yet another victory for President Trump. Apparently the nose dive in the NFL ratings, and the prospect of loosing tax breaks, has caused Goodell to reconsider allowing disrespect of the flag and country. The boy has apparently rediscovered his patriotism.

And despite liberal outcries about "right of protest", what the liberals fail to realize is that: Yes, you can go to your job and protest. You have that right. Just don't be surprised when your boss says "You're fired." Which is probably why most protests tend to take place outside of people's jobs, and usually happen in the streets.

As I've noted before, a whole lot of wannabe authoritarians ( Hitler, Amin, Saddam, Mussolini, Kaddafi, and a host of others) celebrated their "winning streaks" before being pulled out of death bunkers and spider holes.

#5 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

Trump has yet to "win" anything. Just about everything he's done has been a failure. He's certainly a failure as a leader, and as a human being.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#6 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:35 AM

Goodell didn't bend the knee to 45. He bent over and spread his butt-cheeks.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#7 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

Lives. They have lost lives and are dying still. And while they die, you are crowing how 45 wins every time, which is exactly what he wants you to do. Defend him to your last breath, if that is what it takes for history to remember him as a savior, instead of what he truly is.
And if you really believe that 45 gives a d@mn about those players standing for the anthem? He owns you. Because all of this is to keep people from paying attention to his failure with Puerto Rico, and far too many other things to list.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users