Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY - S1, E6: "Lethe"...

Star Trek: Discovery Star Trek: Discovery: Season 1

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

While the IMDB evidence is indeed EXTREMELY compelling, and I can't say that Klingon-as-human isn't classic Trek (human-as-Quch'Ha, certainly), I can't help but think that they changed Latif's role, and he recommended an actor relative to at least be considered for his old role. That would explain the name, and since the relative might have similar looks/manner, and perform in Klingon declamation under makeup, it might be easier to accept someone whose prior acting experience was [significant] college drama/film or overseas. As for why they didn't do the promo circuit, well, it is a character in heavy makeup, and I can think of countless reasons why a recurring character, not regular cast, might not do the rounds. Most don't.

I'm enjoying the show, by not thinking ofit as Trek at all (as I did with each new series in turn). I'm not at all crazy about all the new advanced technologies/capabilities in this "prequel".

I'm also not really crazy about the mirror thing. As I noted mirrors have have numerous mystical literary uses, but to me they're just smooth surfaces leading to specular reflection of light. It jars me, just as a bad horror film that showed salt dissolving a vampire would: I'd be thinking "I guess vampires never sweat hard"

#22 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

Yeah, the mirror thing is really more of a supernatural trope that doesn't make sense in Sci Fi. Unless we take it as an artifact of Stamets' psychological change. But if I remember correctly, he didn't notice anything strange about the mirror.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#23 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,633 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

I think the mirror showed that he exists throughout time and space--the reason he is aware of the time loop in the next episode.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#24 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

Just foreshadowing then?  Could be.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Discovery: Season 1

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users