• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,179 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

A new weapon in the Savior arsenal proves to be a giant hurdle as fighting continues between Rick's forces and those of the Saviors.  

A new weapon?  Catapults, maybe?  I've often wondered why nobody ever uses catapults.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,179 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

Oh, man, that was terrible. :(  Instead of not losing a single one, Ezekiel only came home with only a single one. The poor guy. He really put a dent into the Saviors, but all of his friends and Shiva were lost. What a nightmare, having everyone shot down like that and then rise up as Walkers, coming after him.  I hope this doesn't break him, because he really knows how to inspire people.  

And poor Shiva.  Killed by toxic Zombies. What the heck was going on there?  Some kind of toxic waste or something, it looked like. But Shiva came along just in time to save the King, just as Jerry had earlier.

Carol managed to wipe out almost all the Saviors in the compound singlehandedly-- I loved how she tricked them and opened the gate to let the Walkers in.  

Somehow Daryl and Rick managed to survive a motorcycle crash and a jeep crash. It doesn't seem to matter how much they get beat up, they just keep plugging along.

Still no clue what happened with Negan and Gabriel.  I think they must be leading up to something big.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

This sort of episode leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  It was clear all the previous episode that things were going too well for Ezekiel's group for it to last (even before the realization that that's where the guns were) so having the whole of this episode spent dwelling on all of them dying horribly, complete with flashbacks to rub salt in the wound, was overkill for me.  I know it's standard Walking Dead and folks were going to die, but this was a little too concentrated for my tastes.  I *am* kind of glad to have Shiva's death out of the way at least.  I'm really sensitive to cruelty to animals in shows, and as soon as they introduced her, it was a sure thing that she'd die in some tragic/heroic moment. Every time she's been in the mix since then, I've been dreading it.  Having it done is kind of a "pulling the band-aid off" moment... similar to how it was almost a relief for me to have Glen finally dead, so we could stop with all the "Glen might die" teases.

Carol was great, as usual.  I loved how she heard Daryl's motorcycle and knew she could let him handle catching the guns from there. :)

Really enjoying this season.  This concentrated focus on such a small timeframe with all the different fronts going on at once is really enjoyable, and a great way to deal with the whole "any attack they do, the Saviors will just wipe them out in retaliation" question.  I wonder if they're going to keep this up all season, or just until the mid-season finale.

(I also wonder if the junkyard people will come into the mix.  I hope they're on the docket for some payback once the Saviors are dealt with, anyway.)
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,179 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:27 PM

Ohh, I forgot about the Junkyard People.  I hope we do see them again.  And get an explanation of why they talk funny.

I was really sorry to see Shiva die.  I didn't really expect it, because she was part of the King's larger-than-life persona.  Given what's happened, I'm now kind of worried that the King is dead, and that Ezekiel will now just be "some guy."

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

What happened definitely shook him, as we see in the end when he walks alone to the building.

The Kingdom definitely took the biggest losses of the alliance.

I really like how they are keeping this first half of the season happening at the same time.  It's similar to what they did for the first couple episodes in season 6 when they were trying to divert all those walkers.  This is more broad scale, of course, and I love it.  Also reminds me of the DS9 occupation arc for that first 6 episodes of season 6.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 16 November 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,179 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, the Kingdom army got wiped and Ezekiel is really taking it to heart.  I hope he doesn't lose it.  He's such a great character.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users