Legends of Tomorrow 3-6, pic 2 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-6, pic 3 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-6, pic 4 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-6, pic 5 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-6, pic 6 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-6, pic 7 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-6, pic 8 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-6, pic 9 - 1000 px.jpg

The Legends must return a time-displaced Helen of Troy to the Bronze Age; they get blindsided by a former enemy; Sara contemplates an offer; Stein and Jax find themselves in an unusual predicament.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 8,779 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:47 PM

I think it would have been more interesting, instead of just letting her hang out with the Amazons, figure out if there is any explanation (besides beauty) that accounted for her effect on (straight?) men, and then change that if they could. Maybe she was really was cursed ;) I mean apparently whatever effect it was did not affect at least one bisexual woman. Though they seemed to imply the Professor wasn't affected (with his eyes trained solely on the actress/inventor).

So this water witch is another granddaughter of their Zambasi crew member. Still doesn't explain the connection with their newest crew member from 2042.

Is is just mean, or is it odd that no one was overly concerned everything has gone horrible in 2042? If they end up back in 2017 to live out their lives normally they could easily have another 25 years of life, and for the oldest crew member, Stein (the actor is 68), even if he doesn't live till then his grandkid, who he is doting over and so eager to be getting back to, will be living through that turmoil.
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,383 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 16 November 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

Though they seemed to imply the Professor wasn't affected (with his eyes trained solely on the actress/inventor).

I did like it that the episode turned out to be more about Hedy Lamarr than Helen of Troy. Although they fudged history a bit -- Lamarr's Hollywood contract was with MGM, not Warner Bros. Her first US film was Algiers with Charles Boyer. And she should've had a mild Austrian accent. The actress's resemblance was pretty good otherwise, though.

So this water witch is another granddaughter of their Zambasi crew member.

Kuasa was a character in the animated web series Vixen, which introduced Mari/Vixen to the Arrowverse. There, she was voiced by Anika Noni Rose. So far I'm not finding Tracy Ifeachor nearly as impressive an actress, and she seems about a decade too young as well (plus she lacks the accent Rose's Kuasa had). The Atom and Black Canary (Laurel Lance) guest starred in season 2 of Vixen, which is how Ray knows her. (I still don't get why he didn't recognize her when they first met, since he specifically said that he remembered fighting someone with her powers.)

Is is just mean, or is it odd that no one was overly concerned everything has gone horrible in 2042?

Their responsibility is to correct anomalies in history, not to try to change it. The dystopia is not the result of a time-travel aberration or anachronism, so technically it's not their job to fix it, any more than it's their job to go back and kill Hitler or whatever. Still, Jax did say a week or two ago that dealing with that dystopian future is "on our list." They may be more willing to alter something in their future than in their past -- and we've seen they're sometimes willing to "hack" the past too.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users