Legends of Tomorrow 3-9, pic 3 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-9, pic 4 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-9, pic 5 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-9, pic 6 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-9, pic 8 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-9, pic 9 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-9, pic 10 - 1000 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 3-9, pic 11 - 1000 px.jpg

The Legends investigate an anachronism in a Viking settlement; Sara is worried when Damien Darhk shows up; Jax considers using a loophole that could potentially change history.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,675 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:23 AM

There were two more pictures that I didn't post:

The first one seemed spoilery ... and hilarious!  :howling:  I'm guessing this is the anachronism:

Spoiler

And I will hide this one too, because I am sick of this guest character.  (Also, this his really not his look. :rolleyes:)

Spoiler

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 05 December 2017 - 11:24 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:41 PM

I wrote yesterday in the "Supergirl" thread how I wished the ending of that episode would have been much darker (go read what I mean here). But, just to clarify, I wanted that ending to be darker, since I felt the gut-punch would have been so much stronger, and the ache of having to wait five weeks for the next episode would have been that much bigger. But, I don't like it all to be dark, not everything, not the whole show, not the whole season. It's "Supergirl", it deserves to be one of the lighter shows. But sometimes, it really should have to hurt, and it could have hurt more in that moment than it did.
Why am I writing this? Because, heck, I do love to have fun with an episode, and, boy, did my body literally hurt from laughing so hard at all the scenes with Beebo. :) :) :howling: :howling:

When Beebo got introduced as the Vikings' new God, all dolled up on his "throne", I had to turn the episode off, I just couldn't go on from laughing. :D  This episode was the perfect mix of fun and seriousness. They never made Stein's death the butt of a joke, but sill managed to get so many hilariously funny scenes there, and both moods co-existed perfectly together. You have to watch out for director Kevin Mock, who probably is brought in when an episode needs a light and funny touch. He also directed the episode, "Phone Home", which was a wonderful homage to the 80s and its movies.

It's a bit sad that the show loses another cast member so soon after Victor Garber left. But story-wise, it's probably for the best, because I feel that Jax wouldn't have worked without Stein, and just having someone else partner with him as Firestorm, or him becoming Firestorm all by himself, would have felt like a disservice to the character of Martin Stein. It was nice to see his younger version again, and true form when he decided not to open the letter.

Now, we'll have to wait until February to see what Constantine brings to the show, and what dimension Sara was dragged to shortly.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 06 December 2017 - 01:44 PM.

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,406 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

I don't think it's clear yet whether Jax has really left the team for good or just as a cliffhanger or a break of a couple of weeks until something brings him back. I mean, it was announced months ago that Victor Garber was leaving the show, but nothing was announced about Franz Drameh leaving. If they could keep only one of those departures secret, surely Garber's would've been the better one to conceal.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#5 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:18 PM

^^Well, according to EW, his exit seems permanent, with the door being open for the occasional guest spot. As for concealing Garber's departure, that was the intent, until Garber's husband posted the news that his spouse would be starring in "Hello, Dolly" on the stage. That made it clear that Garber's involvement with the show was coming to an end.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 06 December 2017 - 05:20 PM.

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,406 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:33 PM

Hmm, given how much time they spent setting up the arc that Martin wanted to leave the team, I figured they expected all along that Garber's departure would be announced in advance and were trying to make us think Martin was just going to go home.

Well, that's too bad. I was finally warming to Franz Drameh as an actor -- he really killed it in his scenes with Garber in "Crisis," and he's been a core part of the cast for so long that it won't be the same without him. And they spent so much time setting up Jax's desire to remain a Legend and find a way to continue contributing to the team that writing him out seems like an abandonment of that character arc. Plus, just in general, losing two series leads within a week of each other is a pretty big blow.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#7 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

There's precedent in the comics to have a "rotating Firestorm," if they wanted to keep Jax around; just have him find a new partner, but this time he's the one stuck inside Firestorm's head being the mentor-voice.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S3

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users