Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,258 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:07 AM

Daisy decides she will rescue Simmons, even though she must risk everything to do so.

And the Sneak Peek:

So remember to tune in to ABC this Friday (Dec 8), True Believers, at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central to see what happens next.

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 07 December 2017 - 11:58 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

"Don't ever call me that again-- OR I WILL DESTROY YOU!"  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 PM

Well, I'm pretty convinced that the writers and producers of SHIELD have negative net knowledge of physics.  Luckily, I don't watch SHIELD for realism.  :lol:

Okay, so it looks like Kasius is running a petty fiefdom after all, rather than being an agent of the Kree government. And it looks like his major export is not ore, but Inhuman slaves. Simmons thought she was helping that young girl survive, and she was, but she survived to be sold at a high price-- which made her happy, because it meant her family would be well cared for.

Meanwhile, Coulson and the others are acclimating to the future and trying to figure out what they were brought there for and how to accomplish something-- it really would have been nice if their kidnappers had at least left them a note, or a self-destructing reel-to-reel tape, or something. But they do seem to be close to finding Deke's contact, who appears to be living on the devastated surface of the crescent Earth. Where conditions are bad, but there is enough atmosphere for humans to live, at least for a while.  Yeah, no knowledge of physics whatsoever.

I foresee conflict between Mack and YoYo, after his speech about SHIELD's high moral standards, followed by YoYo framing the guy that he saved.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,404 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:24 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 10 December 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

Meanwhile, Coulson and the others are acclimating to the future and trying to figure out what they were brought there for and how to accomplish something-- it really would have been nice if their kidnappers had at least left them a note, or a self-destructing reel-to-reel tape, or something.

Virgil was the "something," or was supposed to be. He was about to give them all the exposition about why they were there, but then a Vrellnexian killed him.

But they do seem to be close to finding Deke's contact, who appears to be living on the devastated surface of the crescent Earth. Where conditions are bad, but there is enough atmosphere for humans to live, at least for a while.  Yeah, no knowledge of physics whatsoever.

Okay, do the math. Estimate the mass and gravity of the remaining chunk and calculate how long it would take the atmosphere to outgas. Sure, over cosmic time, a body of that size would neither hold an atmosphere nor hold such an irregular shape, but we're talking less than 100 years, which is a blip on an astronomical timescale. So I'm not prepared to make assumptions yet.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users