Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,454 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:07 AM

Daisy decides she will rescue Simmons, even though she must risk everything to do so.

And the Sneak Peek:

So remember to tune in to ABC this Friday (Dec 8), True Believers, at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central to see what happens next.

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 07 December 2017 - 11:58 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,029 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

"Don't ever call me that again-- OR I WILL DESTROY YOU!"  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,029 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:19 PM

Well, I'm pretty convinced that the writers and producers of SHIELD have negative net knowledge of physics.  Luckily, I don't watch SHIELD for realism.  :lol:

Okay, so it looks like Kasius is running a petty fiefdom after all, rather than being an agent of the Kree government. And it looks like his major export is not ore, but Inhuman slaves. Simmons thought she was helping that young girl survive, and she was, but she survived to be sold at a high price-- which made her happy, because it meant her family would be well cared for.

Meanwhile, Coulson and the others are acclimating to the future and trying to figure out what they were brought there for and how to accomplish something-- it really would have been nice if their kidnappers had at least left them a note, or a self-destructing reel-to-reel tape, or something. But they do seem to be close to finding Deke's contact, who appears to be living on the devastated surface of the crescent Earth. Where conditions are bad, but there is enough atmosphere for humans to live, at least for a while.  Yeah, no knowledge of physics whatsoever.

I foresee conflict between Mack and YoYo, after his speech about SHIELD's high moral standards, followed by YoYo framing the guy that he saved.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,607 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:24 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 10 December 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

Meanwhile, Coulson and the others are acclimating to the future and trying to figure out what they were brought there for and how to accomplish something-- it really would have been nice if their kidnappers had at least left them a note, or a self-destructing reel-to-reel tape, or something.

Virgil was the "something," or was supposed to be. He was about to give them all the exposition about why they were there, but then a Vrellnexian killed him.

But they do seem to be close to finding Deke's contact, who appears to be living on the devastated surface of the crescent Earth. Where conditions are bad, but there is enough atmosphere for humans to live, at least for a while.  Yeah, no knowledge of physics whatsoever.

Okay, do the math. Estimate the mass and gravity of the remaining chunk and calculate how long it would take the atmosphere to outgas. Sure, over cosmic time, a body of that size would neither hold an atmosphere nor hold such an irregular shape, but we're talking less than 100 years, which is a blip on an astronomical timescale. So I'm not prepared to make assumptions yet.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Kickstarter -- Among the Wild Cybers story collection now funding! Closes May 30!

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,454 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:49 PM

Hmmm … it’s interesting that the female Kree identified Simmons’ compassion as the key to her success.  Still, I have to wonder at these Kree attitude towards Inhumans, given that previously on Agents of SHIELD it seemed that the mandate for the Kree was to wipe out any evidence of that extremist cult.

That said, I can’t help but surmise that it was the sounding of the beacon at Attilan that might’ve been responsible for the Kree’s appearance in our system.

Now, yeah, Virgil was definitely “something,” from finding that frequency during his sorties in the trawler, to determining just what they were to actually finding the means to recruit [whoever] to recover our gang … pity Mac knocked him out so thoroughly that he wasn’t able to provide Coulson with some kind of briefing before he was snatched.

Deke, OTOH, is trouble.  Yeah, he’s purportedly playing the long-game, but he’s of such a demeanor that the long-game he’s playing is going to end up benefiting him more than anyone else … in a way, he reminds me strongly of Balish/Littlefinger on Game of Thrones, and I’m kind of hoping that he’ll get a similar comeuppance.  Of course, Daisy’s quest to free Simmons was problematical from the outset, but there is some question of whether she could’ve pulled it off had Deke not ratted her out.  So, now, we’re left with Inhuman Gladiators in Space.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 12 December 2017 - 12:50 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,607 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:46 PM

View PostG-man, on 12 December 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Hmmm … it’s interesting that the female Kree identified Simmons’ compassion as the key to her success.  Still, I have to wonder at these Kree attitude towards Inhumans, given that previously on Agents of SHIELD it seemed that the mandate for the Kree was to wipe out any evidence of that extremist cult.

Kasius doesn't necessarily represent the Kree state itself. He could be a private operator with his own agenda. Every culture has conflicting factions within it, despite the unfortunate tendency of a lot of science fiction to treat entire alien species as monolithic stereotypes.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Kickstarter -- Among the Wild Cybers story collection now funding! Closes May 30!

Facebook Author Page

#7 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,567 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

Kree aren't all blue, then? That's just makeup if you're one of Kasius's followers? I was confused when the normally pigmented woman turned out to be a high-ranking Kree.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,783 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:51 PM

^ I assumed that she was an entirely different type of alien that Kasius was just trading with / selling to.  Both she and her underling had human looking skin but distinctly red eyes.

We know from Guardians of the Galaxy that there are countless varieties of aliens out there.  So it would make sense that Kasius would sell to any passing alien ship willing to buy his *goods*, as it were.

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,454 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

IIRC, Kree come in two flavors.  The dominant of them is blue, but there is a percentage who can pass as human (e.g. Captain Mar-Vell).  

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#10 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,607 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:15 PM

View PostCardie, on 12 December 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Kree aren't all blue, then? That's just makeup if you're one of Kasius's followers?

Kree are blue-skinned, but Guardians of the Galaxy had Ronan the Accuser wear heavy black war paint on his face. AoS has apparently extrapolated that custom to other Kree elites, with Kasius and Sinara wearing white face paint in complementary patterns, though Kasius has some splotchy kohling around his eyes that's reminiscent of Ronan's war paint.

And as Sci-Fi Girl said, the slave buyer and her companion/aide appeared to be some other humanoid species with red irises.

Edited by Christopher, 12 December 2017 - 06:16 PM.

Facebook Author Page

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,029 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:31 PM

View PostG-man, on 12 December 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

IIRC, Kree come in two flavors.  The dominant of them is blue, but there is a percentage who can pass as human (e.g. Captain Mar-Vell).  
Yes, in the comics, at least, there were blue-skinned (purebred) and pink-skinned Kree. The blue-skins were dominant and the pink-skins were considered inferior.

#12 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,607 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

Vin-Tak, the Kree played by Eddie McClintock in the second Lady Sif episode ("Who You Really Are" in season 2), had naturally blue skin but used a "nitrogen cloaking device" to appear pink-skinned. However, we have seen one Kree with dark brown skin, Korath (Djimon Hounsou) in Guardians.

Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users