• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

When Santa takes Flynn, Baird and Jenkins on his first vacation in centuries, he leaves his beloved sleigh in the care of the Librarians. When Ezekiel's career criminal mother steals the magic door, they must use the sleigh to save her.  

Flynn and Baird are sucked into Baird's favorite classic Film Noir movie, the Librarians are drawn into the world of movie magic where they'll need to perfect their lassoing skills, sharpshooting, and snappy dialogue to make it out alive.

Oooh, "Silver Screen" looks good.  Get your popcorn!  Posted Image
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:01 PM

Thank you to whoever moved Librarians and Z Nation to the right forum.  Clearly I need some sleep.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,282 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:11 AM

^^^ You're welcome.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 3C273

3C273
  • Islander
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

Is it me or are the plots of the Librarians' episodes stupider than ever?

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:41 PM

^^  The show isn't exactly intended to be Masterpiece Theater.  ;)

Well, this was a nice pair of episodes.  The first one was pretty silly, which is appropriate for a holiday episode-- and I noticed that they never actually showed Santa Claus, since we've already met him as Bruce Campbell.  It was nice to find out the details of Ezekiel's background, and it was appropriately Dickensian-- and also gratifying to know that he was a Robin Hood even before he became a Librarian.  And, in true Christmas Carol fashion, he even taught someone the meaning of Christmas.

The second episode was my favorite, unsurprisingly, given my love for all things retro.  It was a nice little twist that Flynn and Eve had to act out the original ending of the movie to escape, and an even nicer twist that the woman who had re-opened the theater was reunited with her mother, who was the real author, in parallel to the screenplay.  This was one of the best plots they've ever done.  Although I don't think there was really any consistent reason why the rest of the Librarians got caught up in a Western and a Space Opera, unless the assistant wrote those, too-- and the endings weren't changed.  But, whatever, it was fun seeing them thrown into these cinematic worlds. I wish the episode could have been longer.

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,436 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 22 December 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

and I noticed that they never actually showed Santa Claus, since we've already met him as Bruce Campbell.

Or rather, they never actually showed Santa Claus because Bruce Campbell was probably too busy to come back for a guest appearance. If he'd been available, they would've surely written him into the script.

The second episode was my favorite, unsurprisingly, given my love for all things retro.  It was a nice little twist that Flynn and Eve had to act out the original ending of the movie to escape, and an even nicer twist that the woman who had re-opened the theater was reunited with her mother, who was the real author, in parallel to the screenplay.  This was one of the best plots they've ever done.

It was okay, but the "mystery" was very obvious. If an episode repeatedly focuses on and gives dialogue to a minor side character who appears to be totally unconnected to the story, it's easy to guess that they'll turn out to be crucial to the story.

Although I don't think there was really any consistent reason why the rest of the Librarians got caught up in a Western and a Space Opera, unless the assistant wrote those, too-- and the endings weren't changed.

I think they did say she wrote all the director's scripts while they were together.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users