Marvels Agents of SHIELD Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:43 AM

With Daisy's life on the line, an unexpected friend attempts to rescue her.

And the sneak peek:

Can Fitz go through with the charade?

How will Daisy survive her bout with Sinara?

Will our gang get back together?

Tune in to ABC tomorrow (Friday, Jan 4), True Believers, at 9pm Eastern/ 8pm Central to find out!

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 04 January 2018 - 10:43 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

Ah, FitzSimmons together again.  This oughtta be good.  :thumbs-up:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

Well, okay, this episode had a high body count-- but I don't think our people ended up in a very good place, despite an apparently successful escape.

Let's see, who died?  Junkyard Guy, Tess, Telepath Dude, Ball Girl, Kasius, plus various and sundry guards. It was particularly nice to see Kasius get his reward, especially after he sent Ball Girl, who was clearly devoted to him, to certain death.  At least she finally got a line. For a moment, I thought Junkyard Guy was going to be a True Believer, but that was the shortest red herring ever.  So now chaos has erupted and our people are on the run, with Daisy's powers inhibited again-- they should have made more of an effort to grab that remote. Although I did get a kick out of her dramatic levitation to the box seats and brief moment of triumph, interrupted by a sudden flump back to the floor.

And poor Fitz got to pour his heart out and propose to a stone deaf Gemma, only to have Gemma propose to him at the end. "By the way, I proposed before when you were deaf."  "Of course you did."  :lol:

And I'm wondering about Fitz's Helper's line at the end when he got into the elevator.  "I'm not a person."  Clearly he's some kind of android or something, since he can survive hundreds or thousands of years unchanged, but was that just a quip or foreshadowing that there is something specific to be revealed about him-- perhaps he's been helping Fitz only because it supports his own hidden agenda, and will abandon him and the SHIELD crew when the opportunity arises to get what he really wants.  Wouldn't that just figure?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,064 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:35 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 07 January 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

Let's see, who died?  Junkyard Guy,

Grill.

Telepath Dude,

Ben.

Ball Girl,

Sinara. And I don't think she died.

Kasius,

Not sure about him either. Simmons slashed his throat, but someone on another board said they'd seen him standing and moving around after that, so maybe it was just a flesh wound.

At least she finally got a line.

Sinara had an audible line several episodes earlier: "Compassion," when asked by Kasius why she thought Jemma would be a good teacher for the young Inhuman.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#5 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

At the very least, Kasius' eyes were open and looking around as Fitz leap out of the booth.

And Sinara was shot with an icer, so she'll recover if given the chance.

Edited by Cybersnark, 10 January 2018 - 12:34 PM.

"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

Still, it was nice to see the gang start to get back together.

Heck, that Daisy, Fitz and Simmons could improvise that escape without having an opportunity to plan things out just shows how far these “kids” have come since season one.  And Fitz certainly put his memories of his time in the Framework to good use to play Voschtok.

Also, it looked like Enoch was enjoying himself during this escapade.

Finally, the proposal.  Yeah, kinda heartbreaking that Fitz is putting his heart on his sleeve and Jemma can’t hear his proposal to her.  Also I liked how that after he agreed to her proposal she was sorta dismissive towards his claim that he had proposed to her first while they were carrying Daisy out of the arena.

Now, back to Coulson, Mack and Yoyo … yeah, they continue to manage to get people killed despite their intentions otherwise.  But the Kree’s resorting to terror tactics to discover the whereabouts of the missing inhuman suggests a degree of ineffectiveness that our gang is actually exposing.

I still am uncertain how they’re going to reunite with May, but I’m guessing that Enoch is going down to the surface to render her some assistance until the reunion.

All in all, great fun.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

There must be some kind of safe haven there, because that's where the transmission was coming from, wasn't it?

View PostCybersnark, on 10 January 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

And Sinara was shot with an icer, so she'll recover if given the chance.  
Ah, I didn't realize that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users