• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,409 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

After Cassandra freezes up during a mission, she decides it’s past time to go on a vacation. Searching for her ideal town, she lands on Havenport, the “Safest Town in America.” At first blush, it seems just what she needed, but is there always a price to pay for unrealistic peace of mind?  

Directed by Noah Wyle. A Cassandra solo adventure.

I wonder if "Havenport" will be an homage to "Haven."
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,409 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

Whoa, Scary Fairy!  :o

It was nice to see a Cassandra solo outing, and it was interesting to compare and contrast what she's going through with her newly lengthened life span and what Jenkins is going through with his newly shortened life span. He at least still has the wisdom of several thousand years, and so was able to nudge her in the right direction.

Watching her and her partner solve the Mystery of the Perfect town was like seeing a mishmash of the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew-- especially with him drawing inspiration from classic literature.  I wonder if we'll ever see that kid actually be summoned by the Library.

Maybe Stone and Jones will also get solo stories before season's end.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,712 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 12 January 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

Maybe Stone and Jones will also get solo stories before season's end.

If so, I wouldn't be surprised if they took place simultaneously with this episode, maybe even with overlapping scenes. John Rogers previously did that on Leverage with the 2-parter "The Girls' Night Out Job" and "The Boys' Night Out Job."
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users