Marvels Agents of SHIELD Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,282 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

Just as the team reunites, they become prey to an undefeated Kree warrior who is bent on killing them all…

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlp4fQbKKk0"]]

And the sneak peek:

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhvTsuulviI"]]

How will our gang escape the station?

Will May still be alive after being sent to the surface?

And just who else is waiting for them there?

To find the answers to these and other questions, remember to tune into ABC tomorrow (Friday, Jan 12), True Believers, at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central.

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
The G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 11 January 2018 - 03:10 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

I hope somebody on the surface has a time machine. There's been no mention at all of how they might get back to the past.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,436 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 11 January 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

I hope somebody on the surface has a time machine. There's been no mention at all of how they might get back to the past.

Enoch used the obelisk thingie to send the team into the future in the first place, so it stands to reason that he or his people still have control of it. (I forget the explanation for why Fitz couldn't use it.)
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

^ The explanation had something to do with how it is activated.  Enoch never knew how to activate it, only when it would activate.  I think he said it was initiated from the other end.  So someone here must know how to control it.  Hopefully that is whoever is on the surface!

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

Well, this episode had some interesting developments.  Kasius and Ball Girl are not as dead as I first thought, which is good-- but what's not good is that Ball Girl is not seeking revenge, although she was a bit miffed.  It appears there is a bit of a relationship going on there between them, although I'm not entirely sure if it's been consummated or not-- either that or Ball Girl is using her boss as a stepping stone to his father.  She's a sly one. But what was really surprising was that Big Bro bit the dust already, and at the hand of Kasius. If daddy finds out that he killed his favorite, Kasius will be sent to his tomb without any supper.

And you'd think everybody would start to trust the fuzzy mercenary guy at least a little bit at this point. He has been a big help, even if they didn't realize it at first. I get a kick out of Fitz:  "I did travel through time and space to come to your rescue and I think we're moving past that a bit too quick."   :lol:  And he got that earworm out of Gemma pretty good for a non-medical man.  I don't think Daisy's will be removed so easily (unless it's thrown clear when their ship crashes and explodes).

And, boy, is May cranky.  She really needs a long vacation after all this. I love her interactions with Fitz's bald alien benefactor (who I'd like to trust, but I'm still not sure if he has a hidden agenda of his own).  But then came the big surprise:  The little prophet girl is all grown up, having somehow survived the destruction of the planet, and she has been waiting for SHIELD. She must be pushing 100 by now, which is pretty good for a refugee living on the crescent shell of a dead world.

Oh, and the life support systems on the space station are powered by gravitonium-- is this the first hint that Daisy did not quake the Earth to pieces?  Maybe she was trying to stop Graviton and just got blamed for it.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,436 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

^That "Ball Girl" affectation is getting really obnoxious. You must know by now that her name is Sinara. It can't be that hard to remember a 6-letter name.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,282 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

I thought the power exchanges between the Kree (Kasius, Sinara, and big brother) were interesting, especially given one didn't know just where Sinara's loyalties were going to lie.  Apparently, backstabbing is an acceptable practice for advancement in their society, as is competing for good "help".  But one thing that confused me was the brother's assertion that Kasius was ruining the Kasius family name.  I wish they had actually worked out the Kree naming conventions, and bothered to assign a family/clan name to Kasius and his brother.  Even if the name was "Vell".

Anyhoo, our gang is back together, only to split apart again when Flint decides to fight for the people on the Lighthouse.  And I loved the reaction of Mack and Yoyo when Fitz told them about the SHIELD tech on level 3.  They had discounted the very fact that Fitz reminded them of, which was very human of them.

Also, I liked Daisy's reaction to Flint's power ... and his response to her reaction.  I think that between Yoyo, Mack and Daisy, that was just the best set of characters he could've found to help him adjust post-Terrigenesis.

As for the merc, Deke?, unfortunately his own actions prejudiced the team against him.  He had proven himself a self-serving opportunist who would betray them for money/favors, and his lying afterwards ... yeah, no real reason to expect him to change, therefore no real reason to trust him, AGAIN, until he's earned it.

As for the closing, apparently Hunter and Bobbi were successful in protecting Robin, who'd be in here eighties, by my reckoning.  And given that Enoch did find May, essentially means that Fitz (with the assist from Enoch) managed to save May, preserve Robin and the Zephyr (with the assist from Hunter and Bobbi), rescue Jemma and Daisy, AND supplied Mack and Yoyo with SHIELD-tech (once they can recover it from them bloodsucking aliens), after rejoining the team.  Let's face it, Fitz is DA MAN!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 15 January 2018 - 10:43 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

Hmm, I thought they had gone 90 years in the future, but apparently it's the year 2091, which is only about 74 years, so finding Prophet Girl alive isn't so far-fetched.  Except for the whole exploding planet, crescent pile of space rubble with gravity storms thing-- that sort of thing is bad for one's life expectancy.

#9 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

IIRC, Deke is the one who said the current status-quo is "about 91 years" old. He may have been misinformed (we do see that his grasp of history is patchy), deliberately lying, or considers 17 years to be an acceptable margin for error.

(That last one I'd actually consider refreshing, given the sci-fi trope of people's off-the-cuff estimations being taken as 100% accurate.)
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#10 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,282 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:23 AM

Enoch specified that he sent the gang to 2091, and from there Fitz did the math.  As for Deke, I do not recall him ever stating how long it had been.

Come to think of it, I don't recall our gang ever asking.  I think they just accepted being in outerspace, and then once they realized they were around a shattered Earth did they conclude they were at some point in the future, but didn't know when and weren't really asking given everything else they had to worry about.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

One human lifetime-- or less- doesn't really seem long enough for so much to be forgotten, but I suppose it's possible given the extent of the devastation. And if it was any longer, Prophet Girl couldn't show up in the future, so I guess we can allow them a little license (although I suppose they could have made longevity a part of her Inhumanity).

#12 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,512 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

What did I miss that revealed the old woman was Robin?  I read it in recaps but the dim lighting is hard on my eyes. All I saw was an old woman revealing her face. Or was there a line I missed as well? (Old age sucks.)
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#13 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:40 PM

^ She also held out the carved bird.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#14 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, she held onto the bird all those years.

#15 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,512 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

Ah, I couldn't see that bird.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users