• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#21 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

WTFJHT - 2 min read, Day 385: Clear evidence.

- Domestic Abusers R Us: The person who physically handles all documents going to/from the President, Rob Porter, was denied security clearance by the FBI due to allegations of domestic abuse from two ex wives (and a girlfriend I hear, but don't know if the FBI knew about that). There is a photo of one ex with a black eye, and a restraining order in the court records. Chief of Staff (Former General) John, reports say, knew about this since early last fall. Porter claims he was open about the allegations. They kept this guy on until the information became public and after a day of intense public pressure, and technically the guy resigned and was not fired. Purportedly John tried to fight for this guy to keep his job and encouraged him to stay. Oh, and Rob Porter is reportedly dating Hope Hicks… Either she knew and didn't believe them, or her coworkers didn't think she deserved to know…. She wrote the statement John Kelly made extolling the virtues of this guy…. Rob Porter was one of a handful of staff who help draft the SOTU address….
- Poll: 57% of Americans believe Russia will try to interfere in this years mid-term elections, 55% percent believe the Federal Gov't is not doing enough to prevent it.

- ETA: Oh, yeah. Almost forgot. White House advises government agencies to prepare for shutdown as Congress struggles to pass budget ahead of the midnight deadline.

Edited by sierraleone, 08 February 2018 - 06:47 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#22 243Skunk

243Skunk

A real stinker

• Islander
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:48 AM

Its going to be interesting to see the pay difference in my check next week. I got a 2% COLA and a 2.5% seniority bonus in January. Plus whatever is in the new tax rate for my take home pay. Not that it matters much, its going into the 457 account anyway.

#23 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

^ Hi 243Skunk. There will be no change to my pay, but then I am not an American citizen, nor do I live in the U.S. ;)

WTFJHT - 3 min read, Day 386: Fully aware.

- Innocent: Trump asked about Rob Porter today said that he believed he is innocent because Rob Porter claimed innocence. This is despite a picture, despite a restraining order, and despite that his two ex-wives, who didn't know each other prior, told the FBI about the abuse. Lying to the FBI is a crime. So shouldn't Trump, if he feels that strongly, have the FBI charge the women? I wonder if the FBI asked Rob Porter about the allegations and what Rob Porter told them…. Also, reportedly a woman working in the WH told WH lawyer Don McGahn that she was dating Porter and she was being abused. I guess domestic abuse gets a big shrug in the White House, unless it gets out. There is no way Porter should be an entrusted to the position he was, even if they felt strongly he'd only aim his temper at intimate partners…. Someone could've held that information over him for nefarious purposes.

- Masha Gessen

#24 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:40 PM

View Post243Skunk, on 09 February 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:

Its going to be interesting to see the pay difference in my check next week. I got a 2% COLA and a 2.5% seniority bonus in January. Plus whatever is in the new tax rate for my take home pay. Not that it matters much, its going into the 457 account anyway.

Hey Skunk, 2% Cola? Is that like when you're driving to Vegas and you get a Coke at the In 'n Out at Hesperia, then by the time you get to Baker and all that's left is mostly melted ice...maybe 2% cola?  :)

#25 243Skunk

243Skunk

A real stinker

• Islander
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

Sorry, COLA = Cost Of Living Increase. Basically a raise designed to keep up somewhat with inflation.

Havent had time to run many numbers, but for my take-home-overtime looks like its roughly $5 or so an hr combined. Not bad in my book.

#26 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:32 AM

View Post243Skunk, on 11 February 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

Sorry, COLA = Cost Of Living Increase.

Wouldn't that be "COLI"? ;)
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#27 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:19 PM

View PostElara, on 12 February 2018 - 01:32 AM, said:

View Post243Skunk, on 11 February 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

Sorry, COLA = Cost Of Living Increase.

Wouldn't that be "COLI"? ;)

And then if TPTB decided they hadn't credited you enough of a cost of living increase and had to add on an "extra" separate payment would that be like getting E COLI?

#28 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:37 AM

I just wonder how the morning 45 toilet tweet would read if Ivanka got raped or sexually assaulted by some meth-addled biker or coked up stock broker in an alley off 5th Avenue? Would 45 stick to his reverence for Due Process, especially if the rapist vehemently denied responsibility and repeatedly maintained total innocence? Unless it could be proved he wasn't a Republican perhaps....

Edited by yadda yadda, 13 February 2018 - 12:42 AM.

#29 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:18 PM

WTFJHY - 4 min read, Day 389: Ready, larger, and more lethal.

- $4.4 trillion WH proposed budget: would add $7 trillion to deficit over 10 years, which would makes cuts to social programs like Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, etc. Congress is expected to ignore this budget. But I trust Speaker Ryan about as far I could throw him.
- Trump's infrastructure plan: bupkis. Trump proposes $200 billion dollars for infrastructure spending over the next decade with no way to pay for it. And half of that amount would go towards incentivizing state and local governments to invest in infrastructure spending and the money would be doled out on a competitive basis with awards up to 20% of the of a project's cost…. Typically the federal government pays for ~80% of interstate or important infrastructure projects, with the other levels of government paying for ~20%.

WTFJHT - 6 min read, Day 390: The United States if under attack. (they are talking about Russian intention to meddle in the mid-term elections).

- Food Stamps: Trump's administration has proposed replacing food stamps with a monthly "American Harvest Box", full of government-picked, American-grown, non-perishable foods, like self-stable milk, peanut butter, canned fruits, and cereal. They claim it would save $129 billion over 10 years. But what they are really doing to pushing some of the cost to the states. When asked about how they would be given to eligible people they said it would be up to the states to decide. So who is going to be stuck with the cost of procuring, transporting, storing, doing admin work(checking names/lists), and handing out or delivering these things, if this goes forward? And how'd you deal with allergies and special dietary needs? This doesn't make government smaller. *shakes head*

- Masha Gessen

#30 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

So . . . it turns out that the whiners at the W. H. can't get their security clearance because they can't answer the questionnaire without revealing something incriminating, which brings the subject back to the Russia Investigation.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#31 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:31 PM

^ Huh? Apparently I missed that. It wouldn't be surprising. But do you mean they refuse to answer the questionnaires, or that they fill it out accurately and the clearance people refused them, or that they fill it out inaccurately and the clearance people refuse them? Or other?

- Masha Gessen

#32 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

WTFJHT - 2 min read, Day 391: Unconvinced.

- Poll: On a generic ballot 39% of voters say they'll support the GOP candidate for Congress in their district, 38% say they'll support the Democrats, and 23% are undecided.

- Masha Gessen

#33 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:47 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 13 February 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

- Food Stamps: Trump's administration has proposed replacing food stamps with a monthly "American Harvest Box", full of government-picked, American-grown, non-perishable foods, like self-stable milk, peanut butter, canned fruits, and cereal. They claim it would save $129 billion over 10 years. But what they are really doing to pushing some of the cost to the states. When asked about how they would be given to eligible people they said it would be up to the states to decide. So who is going to be stuck with the cost of procuring, transporting, storing, doing admin work(checking names/lists), and handing out or delivering these things, if this goes forward? And how'd you deal with allergies and special dietary needs? This doesn't make government smaller. *shakes head*

So much for fresh produce or healthy meals.

Of course they aren't making government smaller. As much as they may scream the mantra, the last thing they want to do is make it smaller. Smaller means higher unemployment rates, smaller means they lose money, etc... No matter what any of them say, they do not want, nor will they ever work toward the goal of smaller government.

~.~.~.~.~.~

Michael Cohen paid Stormy Daniels  $130,000 for her silence about affair with 45 in 2006. Why? With all the women coming forward and accusing 45 of inappropriate behavior, why was she paid to keep her quiet? Does she have proof (I am guessing, yes)? And why did Cohen do this (out of the goodness of his heart?) for 45? Should be interesting to find out what she says and what happens next. Also, if this is true, how long until Melania gets her divorce, complete with very nice settlement?
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#34 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:58 PM

They simply don't fill in the questionnaires and hand them back. That is what the delay is all about. It has been reported on the news, although they've done a poor job of making it clear this specifically is the problem:

https://www.nbcnews....-checks-n724896
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#35 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

View PostElara, on 14 February 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

Michael Cohen paid Stormy Daniels  $130,000 for her silence about affair with 45 in 2006. Why? With all the women coming forward and accusing 45 of inappropriate behavior, why was she paid to keep her quiet? Does she have proof (I am guessing, yes)? And why did Cohen do this (out of the goodness of his heart?) for 45? Should be interesting to find out what she says and what happens next. Also, if this is true, how long until Melania gets her divorce, complete with very nice settlement?

Heck, I know, it'd be almost nice to know someone (not married to him) consented to sexual relations with him as opposed to the rest of the inappropriate behaviour alleged.

- Masha Gessen

#36 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

WTFJHT - 5 min read, Day 392: "You guys are the adults."

- Valentine's Day School Shooting: Former student killed ~17 and shoot many more students at a high school in Florida. A student who witnessed it called out politicians looking directly into the camera and saying this: "We're children. You guys are the adults. You need to take some action and play a role. Work together, come over your politics, and get something done. [Pause]. Ideas are great but without action, ideas stay ideas and children die."
- Muslim travel ban: 4th Circuit rule in 9-4 court that travel ban unlawfully discriminates against Muslims.
- Bipartisan immigration bill: Trump threaten to veto it, and it failed to pass the 60 vote threshold needed (vote was 54-45).
- Security Clearances: At least 130 White House Officials do not have permanent security clearances as of Nov 2017.

- Masha Gessen

#37 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

Just released on MSNBC that FBI Director Wray issued a statement that somehow a specific report on an FBI hotline informing that the Parkland school shooter was a danger was ignored/not passed on to the Miami FBI office for investigation as per proper protocol. I can only imagine how long it'll take for Orange Julius Ceasar to tweet out that if the incompetent FBI wasn't wasting its focus on the fake no collusion Russia thing that they could have prevented the shooting with no loss of gun rights.

Edited by yadda yadda, 16 February 2018 - 03:21 PM.

#38 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

WTFJHT - 4 min read, Day 393: Information warfare.

The noose tightens.

- Robert Mueller's: federal grand jury indicted 13 Russian nationals and 3 Russian entitles for violating criminal laws with the intent to interfere "with U.S. elections and political processes". They are alleged to be a part of, or connected to, a Russian government funded "troll farm" who sowed division among American people using social media.
- Cabinet: 40% of Trump's cabinet have faced ethical or other controversies.
- Paul Ryan Quote from CNN re the Valentine Day shooting: "This is one of those moments where we just need to step back and count our blessings," he told reporters Thursday a a news conference at the Capitol. "We need to think less about taking sides and fighting each other politically, and just pulling together. The House, and the whole country, stands with Parkland community."
…...After we are done counting blessings I think you'll find the Parkland community is 17 short :( ….

- Masha Gessen

#39 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:21 PM

This morning Robert Mueller dropped and  Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein announced from the DOJ podium a federal indictment listing 13 Russians, 3 Russian groups, and one American for attempting to defraud America by meddling in the 2016 election. Those indicted were involved in creating and directing the Russian "bot" schemes to plant false information and sway voters to vote against Hillary Clinton while also creating chaos, divisiveness, and spreading doubt and confusion about our democracy.

Russia started the planning for this campaign in 2013 or 2014, and ramped up the day 45 won his first GOP primary in 2016. Member/spies of this indicted group came to our country and registered social media accounts here to more easily pass as American citizens. They directed and interacted with grassroots 45 campaign groups, offering material and financial support, in addition to meddling in the election by pushing ads on Facebook and other social media and stealing and falsifying American identities. AG Rosenstein made a point that this particular indictment covered these Russians involving unwitting Amerians, evidently including three 45 campaign associates.

45's initial reactive tweet was to triumphantly as well as illogically and wrongly state that since the Russians started meddling in 2014 and he didn't start running till two years later that it proved his mantra "NO COLLUSION!!" But at least it got him to finally admit that there was Russian meddling in our elections. Maybe he'll stop his search for that 400 lb. man sitting on his bed hacking.

Edited by yadda yadda, 16 February 2018 - 07:03 PM.

#40 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

^ Yeah. I didn't mention the California guy Mueller got to plead guilty to identity thief on Tuesday. Richard Pinedo. Haven't seen a lot of details about him yet, but it would appear he is likely co-operating with Mueller (can't think of any other good reasons to not fight a criminal charge…).

- Masha Gessen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: POTUS, 2018

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users