• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:20 PM

After the world is morphed into a horrible and unrecognizable place – one where the Library never existed – it’s up to Baird to bring the Librarians together before this bleak, knowledge-less world becomes the new reality.  

Oops. A little late. Lost track of the days again. Memories fading... along with the Library....  :mellow:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:21 PM

Wow, that was the best possible ending we could have hoped for.  We even got Jenkins back, his immortality restored. Not only that, but we found out that Flynn didn't really quit the Library, and Flynn managed to save Nicole from a life of evil.  With all that, and the Tethering finally accomplished at the end, it seems likely that the producers are expecting this to be the final episode and are giving us the best of all happy endings.

The story itself was nicely eerie-- complete with old-school spooky music-- and reminiscent of Twilight Zone, 1984, A  Wrinkle In Time, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents, among other things.  A washed out, listless world, devoid of life and creative energy where everybody suffers through a generic and meaningless existence-- and anybody who exhibits  symptoms of individuality or curiosity is locked up in an asylum.  And, ultimately, the cure for all this and the secret to the restoration of the Library was merely for the Librarians to remember what makes them unique and to embrace their passions.  A nice message to end on, if this is the ending.  

Of course, I hope it's not the ending.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:58 AM

I agree, this was a nice ending if it is the end for the series, overall.  The universe without curiosity was a cool take on what the Library does for the world, and I got a kick out of tough-as-nails Baird remembering the lions with her "kitty-kitty". :)

If this *isn't* the final episode of the series, I do think I'm a little put out at having an entire season of storyline wiped out of existence, but I guess it's in keeping with how this show has handled any plot points that would have shifted the status quo too far out of whack, so I can't be too put out.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

Well, those events may be wiped out-- or changed, because the overall timeline is still intact, so the situations that precipitated those stories would still be there-- but they did happen and both Flynn and Baird remember them.  And they will eventually be released on DVD.  :lol:  I'm not opposed to altered timelines in general.

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

Well, it's now official.  This was the last episode of The Librarians.  TNT did not renew, and the producers were unsuccessful in shopping it around to other venues.

It was fun while it lasted.  :(

#6 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:21 PM

Disappointing.  :(   Here's hoping the cast all show up back on our tv screens soon, and that the franchise continues on at some point.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:22 PM

I hope so. And hopefully with the existing cast members.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users