Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY - S1, E15: "Will You Take My Hand?"...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

This signals that Pike and the Enterprise will play a significant part in the season. I dearly hope they don't decide to give him the Discovery and postulate another captain of the Enterprise between Pike and Kirk, not that there's anything in canon to make this impossible.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#22 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,802 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:27 PM

View PostCardie, on 10 April 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

This signals that Pike and the Enterprise will play a significant part in the season. I dearly hope they don't decide to give him the Discovery and postulate another captain of the Enterprise between Pike and Kirk, not that there's anything in canon to make this impossible.

In fact, there is. In "The Menagerie," Kirk explicitly says "I took over the Enterprise from [Pike]." And Spock says he served under Pike for 11 years, 4 months, and 5 days, while the events on Talos IV were 13 years before the episode. So there's no room in there for Pike to have commanded another ship, unless Spock came with him, and unless he came back to the Enterprise before 2264.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#23 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:03 PM

Digital copies of Star Trek Discovery episodes are now available for purchase on a number of platforms including I-Tunes, Amazon Video, and VUDU.

#24 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:33 PM

Trekmovie reviews the Star Trek Discovery blu ray set.  I'm pretty much in full agreement with the reviewer.

https://trekmovie.co...o-s1-bd-review/

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users