Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

How Did the Codec Work in Man of Steel?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,276 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:48 PM

So, back on Krypton-that-was, babies grew on vines like watermelons. They were bred along "ancient bloodlines" presumably mapped out on an old blackened and broken skull with squiggly marks. And they were bred by caste to fulfill specific functions.

How do we think this all worked?

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#2 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

If it has anything similar to the castes of India, I'm not too sure.
Is it doomed to fail if Krypton ever forms a bill of rights?

With castes there is so much intolerance involved, in India.  The lowest cast are not even allowed into the places of worship.
If a holy man shows up at one of their funerals he can be shunned.

Being a spoil Canadian, where everyone has the right to do what they feel is right, the caste system truly would put a crimp in my fun times.

Even ants don't fallow that type of strict rule. If a young ant does not appear to be suited to the job it was bred to, the older ants will find it something more suitable to its personality. Yes, ants are very evolved.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,324 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

In the supporting material that was released on line, the families/houses of Krypton were known to be predominantly one thing or another, and prided themselves on their respective roles.

It was stated in the movie that the codex contained the genetic information of all the bloodlines on Krypton, therefore, the genetic templates and accessories were all derived from that codex to begin what I believe was a cloning process (the growing babies on vines), that probably combined the genetic material from the respective bloodlines of the approved parents.  It was also stated that the child’s role in society was also predetermined from birth to fulfill the needs of this feudal society.

While the child was expected to fulfill a particular role, I suspect the families could customize their offspring to a degree to include some desired attributes and predispositions, even as it removed faults and flaws within the code to better ensure that not only would the child survive, but would not be an exceptional drain on the resources of the family and society.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 14 February 2018 - 09:32 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users