Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD: S5E11 - All the comforts of home.

Marvels Agents of SHIELD Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,687 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:17 AM

Finally, our gang is back … back in the past, to save(?) the future!!!

Coulson and his team are out to rewrite the fate of humanity but they are unaware how the changes will affect one S.H.I.E.L.D.'s life.

And the sneak peek:

Will General Hale (fka General “Definitely Not Talbot”) capture our gang before they can do what they must?

What’s with Hale’s daughter, Ruby, who is a Quake fan-girl?

And who is that masked Woman confronting our gang?

For answers to these questions and more, remember to tune in to ABC tomorrow, True Believers, at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central to find out!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,492 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

"Are you a good guy?"  "Are you sure you're not a bad guy?"  This could be interesting.  And timely.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,492 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

Well, that was bad and certainly played against our expectations-- I had assumed that Little Boy Blue was the culprit behind YoYo's missing arms, but it was Teenage Inhuman Ninja Girl.  Things are turning very grim for YoYo as we head toward what might be the end of the show, and the last words we heard from her were "everything is coming true."  And we still don't know why she thinks that Coulson must die so that Earth may live.

And we have a new alien watcher guy to replace Enoch. It was driving me crazy trying to remember where I had seen him before, but I finally remembered-- he was one of the rotating interns on Bones. It doesn't look like we'll be seeing much more of him, unfortunately, except maybe splattered on the walls. I kind of liked him, so I hope he survives the explosion somehow.

I was assuming all along that one or more of the future characters would return to the present, but it seemed like that ship had sailed, so it was slightly surprising to see the fuzzy mercenary guy appear. I loved his reactions to the present, from his tree hugging to his hamburger munching to his attempt to pay the bill with his implant. For my next prediction, I'll say that they will know that they've saved the future because he will suddenly fade out of existence at some point.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,839 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:22 AM

Gosh, I found him and his (hipster millennial manner) annoying -- but I LOVED Enoch's version of a ChronoCom.
[Isn't ChronoCom Greek for "ComiCon time"? IS it ComiCon time? Oh dear! Already? I haven't a thing to wear!]

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,492 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

That's funny, I didn't see him that way at all. In fact, I kind of thought he had a good look for SF, kind of in the tradition of Leonard Nimoy, Brent Spiner, Doug Jones.  I liked Enoch, too.  I suppose it's too much to hope that he got thrown back in time as well.

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,687 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:28 PM

Well, Enoch is on the ship tending the cryofreeze chamber that Fitz is in, and will be crafting that legend that Fitz will be using to save our gang in the future.

Time travel ... gotta love it.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 04 March 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

And we have a new alien watcher guy to replace Enoch. It was driving me crazy trying to remember where I had seen him before, but I finally remembered-- he was one of the rotating interns on Bones. It doesn't look like we'll be seeing much more of him, unfortunately, except maybe splattered on the walls. I kind of liked him, so I hope he survives the explosion somehow.

View PostOrpheus, on 06 March 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

Gosh, I found him and his (hipster millennial manner) annoying -- but I LOVED Enoch's version of a ChronoCom.
[Isn't ChronoCom Greek for "ComiCon time"? IS it ComiCon time? Oh dear! Already? I haven't a thing to wear!]

View PostRJDiogenes, on 06 March 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

That's funny, I didn't see him that way at all. In fact, I kind of thought he had a good look for SF, kind of in the tradition of Leonard Nimoy, Brent Spiner, Doug Jones.  I liked Enoch, too.  I suppose it's too much to hope that he got thrown back in time as well.

I recognized him right away (I actually recognized his voice first, as he spoke before he was seen).  But I mostly recognized him from Avatar, though I have also noticed him on Bones and Forever.  But he stood out in Avatar first, so yep, interesting look for sci-fi!  :)

Here are his two looks in Avatar:

joel-david-moore-avatar-sequels.jpg

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,492 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

View PostG-man, on 06 March 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

Well, Enoch is on the ship tending the cryofreeze chamber that Fitz is in, and will be crafting that legend that Fitz will be using to save our gang in the future.  
True, technically Enoch doesn't have to be thrown back in time, since he already is back in time, but that's past Enoch, not future Enoch, who has apparently been obliterated, but who may have some minuscule chance of survival by being thrown back to the present like fuzzy guy was, which would mean that there would be two of him existing at the same time.

Time travel.  Gotta love it.  :laughtears:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 06 March 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

I recognized him right away (I actually recognized his voice first, as he spoke before he was seen).  But I mostly recognized him from Avatar, though I have also noticed him on Bones and Forever.  But he stood out in Avatar first, so yep, interesting look for sci-fi!  :)  
It's been so long since I've seen Avatar, I barely remember it. I hope he's in the sequels, though.  That would make him rich.

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:20 PM

^ IMDB says that he is. :cool:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,492 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:27 PM

Good for him.  :thumbs-up:

#11 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:23 AM

I think Orph was referring to the guy from the future, Jeff Ward's character,  as an annoying hipster, not the ChronoCom
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#12 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,839 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:19 AM

No, I oddly don't object to him. It's the new Chronicom that bugs me. His mannerisms, speech, voice --even the picture above-- all bug me. He looks weak-jawed, whiny and ineffectual.

I like normal-to-strong jaws. Weak jaws on (even otherwise attractive) people annoy me -- but clearly my judgement of what constitutes strong vs weak jaws is entirely idiosyncratic/personal

Ask me again in a few months and I might not have the same reaction to him. That's happened before.

#13 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,183 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostOrpheus, on 09 March 2018 - 04:19 AM, said:

No, I oddly don't object to him. It's the new Chronicom that bugs me. His mannerisms, speech, voice --even the picture above-- all bug me. He looks weak-jawed, whiny and ineffectual.

I like normal-to-strong jaws. Weak jaws on (even otherwise attractive) people annoy me -- but clearly my judgement of what constitutes strong vs weak jaws is entirely idiosyncratic/personal

That's exactly how I feel when I look at David Tennant.

#14 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,492 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

^^  They are of similar types.

I like the new Chronicon guy and the fuzzy guy from the future, too.  Overall, I think SHIELD has been pretty strong in its casting.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users