• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

With Brandy horrified by Ash's actions at her mother's funeral, Ruby tries to split them further apart by bringing an old face back from the dead. Pablo, Kelly and Dalton return to the cabin to find the Kandarian dagger.  

Old face?!  Back from the dead?!
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:27 AM

Ash's dad... I didn't see that coming.  And I somehow expected Dalton to die.

Is it just me, or does this season feel different?  I'm not talking about the obvious addition of Ash's daughter.

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

It does feel different. I think there's a different showrunner.  It's still good, but it seems a little flat compared to the first two seasons.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,935 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:07 AM

You think it seems a little flat?

I think it's a freaking gore fest, man!  At the same time its so over the top that you can't help but burst into laughter.  That sperm bank episode was so funny.

The show really does scare me at times and just when I think I might have to take a break to slow down my heartbeat, Ash walks into the scene and turns everything into a comedy.

Lucy has a potty mouth! :lol:

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:19 PM

Oh, it's definitely a gore fest and a psychotronic acid trip-- the sliced head and the killer centerfold are classics-- there's just some spark that the first couple of seasons had that isn't quite there.

Here we had the surprise return of The Six-Million Dollar Man, but unfortunately just briefly. Loved the rising from the grave and taking a shower sequence, though.  And poor Ash just can't catch a break.  Teenagers have a way of taking everything the wrong way and just storming out before you can explain why you chopped off their mother's head or disemboweled their grandfather.

#6 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,935 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:54 AM

Dude from the Knights of Sumeria didn't last to long.  As I understand it though, they just keep coming until the mission is fulfilled, right?  Or was that just something that was made up for Buffy The Vampire Slayer show?

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, that was odd. I've been assuming that he is not really dead, and that was just a trick to manipulate Kelly.  I thought I had read that that dude is a regular, at least for this season.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users