• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

IRIS SUITS UP - Team Flash confront a new bus meta, Matthew AKA Melting Pot (guest star Leonardo Nam), who has the ability to swap people's DNA. During a battle with Team Flash, Matthew accidentally takes Barry's (Grant Gustin) speed away and gives it to Iris (Candice Patton). Now, with a new threat unleashed on Central City, Barry must act as the team leader while Iris takes on the mantle of superhero speedster in order to defeat their new foe

Read more: Listings - FLASH, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz59fBvXeeL

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:07 PM

I have gotten behind on watching shows but am slowly catching up.

This was an okay episode. It didn't really blow me away. It felt like it was covering ground that has already been covered. Iris has already proven that she's no coward when she faced her death by Savitar last season. Her going out into the field doesn't change that.

I did like seeing her as the Flash and having to learn everything Barry did but in a quicker amount of time. I did think they would do more with Barry adjusting to life without his speed but oh well.

Ralph at least has overcome his fear and is going to leave the bunker.

I'm assuming some consequences will happen due to Wells using the thinking cap.

They now have the names of the last bus meta as well as a meta that can take powers from other people. He should prove helpful in taking down DeVoe.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,779 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 14 March 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

This was an okay episode. It didn't really blow me away. It felt like it was covering ground that has already been covered. Iris has already proven that she's no coward when she faced her death by Savitar last season. Her going out into the field doesn't change that.

That was the point, though. It was because of her experience with Savitar that she had a crisis of courage. Being brave in the heat of a crisis doesn't necessarily prevent you from feeling the emotional aftereffects of that trauma after it's passed. A lot of people who find the courage to cope with facing death may nonetheless be reluctant to risk facing it again.

I did like seeing her as the Flash and having to learn everything Barry did but in a quicker amount of time. I did think they would do more with Barry adjusting to life without his speed but oh well.

Maybe a 2-episode arc would've let them develop the idea more fully (in particular, I would've liked to see more of Joe's reaction to Iris getting powers, kinda like what we're seeing with Black Lightning and Thunder an hour later). But we've already had a surprising number of episodes this season without Barry appearing in costume. I don't really want more.

They now have the names of the last bus meta as well as a meta that can take powers from other people. He should prove helpful in taking down DeVoe.

Unless he is DeVoe infiltrating the team. You'd think that after that happened with Dominic, the team would be more wary about trusting bus metas.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,525 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

In fairness, Iris had two advantages that Barry didn’t have when he was learning how to use his powers: 1) she’s witnessed what he can do so she already has some idea of what she can do; and 2) having an experienced (albeit de-powered) speedster there to provide her guidance, along with a knowledgeable support staff.

With Barry, he and the others were all learning “on the job”, so, yeah, a much longer learning curve.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

Though, to be fair, Barry did have an experienced and seemingly de-powered speedster to provide guidance, he just didn't know it.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Flash, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users