Avengers: Infinity War Trailer

Avengers Marvel

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

I'll admit that the recent crop of Marvel movies from about Doctor Strange on haven't left much of an impression on me (I think I'm just suffering superhero movie fatigue at this point) but this looks so amazingly awesome that I can't even. Just, wow.

Marvel is throwing in everything plus the kitchen sink in this movie. There's just so much to unpack. It really does feel like the end of an era.

I'll have to re-watch all the Marvel movies to get ready, though not in a 31 hour marathon like I've seen some move theaters intend to do.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,769 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

I like the little exchange between Peter Parker and Dr Strange.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,142 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:38 PM

I like the Avengers movies overall, haven't seen Dr Strange. I was never into the comic.
Can't Touch This!!

#4 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:34 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 19 March 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

I haven't seen the Dr. Strange movie.  Is Dr. Strange his real name?  Adds an extra layer of funny to that joke, if so. :)  

This will be worth the price of admission for the crossover jokes alone - Marvel knows their business on that score - but I'm only 50/50 on whether I think they can pull off something this ambitious and make it a satisfying story vs. a series of crossover jokes strung together with action sequences (or vice versa).    For me, personally, I'm also really needing it to provide a good resolution to the dangling Steve/Tony threads from Civil War, or it'll be a failure.  "It" meaning the combination of both this film and the next one...

Certainly looks sweet on the action and crossover-fun fronts, though.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:23 PM

View PostNiko, on 20 March 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

View PostRJDiogenes, on 19 March 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

I haven't seen the Dr. Strange movie.  Is Dr. Strange his real name?  Adds an extra layer of funny to that joke, if so. :)

Yes, that is his real name!  And it is extra funny!  :lol:

His full name is Stephen Strange, and he is a medical doctor.  They also played with this in the Dr. Strange movie, for example this hilarious exchange between him and the villain:

:laughtears:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,769 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

^^ :lol:

I should watch that one. Doc Strange was always one of my favorites, especially when Steve Englehart was writing his book.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:26 PM

LOL! Love it.  Like I said, that's one thing you can always count on from them... those little exchanges. :D
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:03 PM

I'll just ... leave this meme here: ;)

DavTdOYV4AEZ2cj.jpg

:hehe:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 14 April 2018 - 01:03 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,769 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

He does sound a bit Dickensian.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Avengers, Marvel

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users