Marvels Agents of SHIELD Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:35 AM

As Fitz and Simmons race to find a way to seal the Rift, they are faced with one of their greatest fears manifested.

And the sneak peek:

:blink: :blink: :blowup:

Wow … ummm … OK, I got nothing.

So remember to tune in to ABC tonight, True Believers, to see what happens next.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:26 PM

:blink: :blink: :blowup:

Uh ... let me see if I got this straight.

Fitz's psyche is fracturing ... possibly a relapse exacerbated by his time in the framework, that 70+ years in cryo-stasis did nothing to cure.  Boy, the universe really is out to screw FitzSimmons.

HYDRA ... was Kree in origin?  Possibly established to watch over the Inhumans, but there had been some mission creep.  Just when did the Kree reestablish their ties with HYDRA?

OTOH, Simmons seemed to have accepted Deke's revelation with equanimity ... so that is good.

Although, between Coulson's and Fitz/Leopold's actions, I'm really unsure what our gang can do to recover.

I really hope the writers have thought things through to present us with a coherent Kree-HYDRA-Inhuman history of the MCU by the series end.  As it now stands, it seems to resemble a mess.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,064 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

View PostG-man, on 24 March 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

Fitz's psyche is fracturing ... possibly a relapse exacerbated by his time in the framework, that 70+ years in cryo-stasis did nothing to cure.  Boy, the universe really is out to screw FitzSimmons.

I'd say his sleep deprivation and stress are enough to explain it. Sleep deprivation often causes hallucinations, and as they alluded to in the episode, Fitz has had hallucinations before; in the wake of the brain damage he sustained at the end of season 1, he hallucinated Simmons when she wasn't there.

In this case, he was extremely sleep-deprived, and he subconsciously knew a ruthless decision was necessary but couldn't bring himself to face it. So his mind generated the "Doctor" hallucination and a temporary state of dissociation so that he could do what needed to be done without feeling responsible for it. There's no reason to think it will be a persistent psychotic break, because the circumstances that brought it about have passed.

Edited by Christopher, 24 March 2018 - 01:49 PM.

"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:51 AM

Let's hope then that Fitz will finally get a good night's sleep.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,064 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:46 AM

View PostG-man, on 25 March 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Let's hope then that Fitz will finally get a good night's sleep.

Not much else to do in that cell...
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

Holy crap. Poor Fitz has turned into Norman Bates. I'm almost hoping that it really is the last season of SHIELD, because he and Simmons really need to retire to a nice thatched cottage in the Highlands-- with an attached futuristic laboratory, of course, for recreational purposes. I wonder if rogue SHIELD has any counselors on staff.  That whole scene with Daisy tied down and begging him to stop was incredibly creepy-- and then when she said "Who are you talking to?" the creepiness just amped up by an order of magnitude (no pun intended).

That was a great scene when Fuzzy let Simmons in on his ancestry to bring some comfort to her. He's always been a wannabe nice guy who went mercenary for the sake of survival in the dystopian future, but being back in the relatively benign past has given the chance to get beyond that. Hopefully he won't really disappear when the timeline changes. He needs to be a part of the team.  I think the puke scene was intended to imply morning sickness, but it could definitely be taken as Gemma's reaction to finding out that Fuzzy is her grandson.  I have a feeling they didn't intend that.  :lol:

So. HYDRA again. Blah blah blah.  But who is that shadowy figure that Hale was reporting to?  I have a suspicion it is Little Boy Blue's daddy and we're getting real close to the moment of truth-- especially since Daisy has her powers back.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,822 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:37 AM

View PostG-man, on 24 March 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

OTOH, Simmons seemed to have accepted Deke's revelation with equanimity ... so that is good.

Yes, I too regard anything less than projectile vomiting as equanimity/resignation to the realization that they've accepted a date with me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users