Donkey Kong Champ Billy Mitchell dethroned for cheating

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

Your friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

• 3,086 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:52 AM

Twin Galaxies that is currently under new management has officially stripped Donkey Kong record holder Billy Mitchell of all high score records after an exhaustive investigation that concluded that his game play was fabricated using MAME software emulation instead of directly from an arcade PCB (printed circuit board).

Twin Galaxies has also notified Guiness World Records of Billy Mitchell's score removal and has officially recognized Steven Weibe as the first million point record holder as Mr. Weibe was competing against Billy Mitchell in the documentary film "King of Kong - A Fistfull of Quarters"

Official Statement:  https://www.twingala...records-removed

"Harry S. Truman said that he felt like a bale of hay fell on him.

I feel like I got the whole damn barn."

Darren "Condor" McGavin - "By Dawn's Early Light"

HBO TV Movie - 1990

*** (Click here to view my signature) ***

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,806 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:56 PM

Wow. Sucks to be Billy Mitchell right now, but that is what you get for cheating.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users