Marvels Agents of SHIELD Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,583 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:15 PM

The team find themselves trapped and under siege at the Lighthouse.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=e0hx2vki5Ss

And the sneak peek:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=2l7SQBkwWjo

Aargh!!! THEY ARE COMING!!!

Will our gang manage to hold out?

Can Hayes be reasoned with to help them save the Earth?

And what of Talbot?

For answers to these questions and more, remember to tune in to ABC tonight, True Believers, at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central, to find out.

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,519 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

"You are Humanity's last hope."  No pressure!  :egads:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,873 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:12 PM

"Trapped and under siege at the Lighthouse?" Imagine that! A whole episode confined to the standing sets! What will they think of next?
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,583 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:23 AM

Two best lines:

"Always wait to hear ALL the options."

"Never call me 'Gramps' again."

And now we have SUPER-Talbot :eek3:  

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 28 April 2018 - 06:24 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,519 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:23 PM

Man, SHIELD needs to go on a team-building retreat. All of the interpersonal conflicts have come to a head.  :no:

I got a kick out of Coulson choosing "Nuclear Armageddon" over "Alien Invasion" because he was impatient. I guess those old menus don't let you back out and make another choice.  I wonder how the bunker would have responded to the "Alien Invasion" choice.  :lol:

But this was certainly an eventful episode, with the Lighthouse being invaded by non-Kree aliens, YoYo and Mack having a bad confrontation, Coulson finding out that Daisy and May are going against orders to keep him alive, Fitz and Simmons becoming separated, and Talbot taking on the full bolus of Gravitonium. He wanted to fix things, and he did-- at least in the very short term.

And why is Quake digging up her mother's grave?  And why does Quake need a shovel to dig up a grave?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 29 April 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

And why is Quake digging up her mother's grave?  

When candyman guy gave Daisy what he found about Garret's "centipede" serum, he said there was an additional healing ingredient he hadn't been able to find.  He said he looked for it, but it wasn't on any map.  Daisy took one glance at the page and said "That's because it's not a place."  Apparently that page held the name of a person, one that Daisy knew exactly how to find.

Yeah, this is gonna get weird.  :wacko:

And why does Quake need a shovel to dig up a grave?

For that one, I have no answer!  :lol:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,519 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:41 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 29 April 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

When candyman guy gave Daisy what he found about Garret's "centipede" serum, he said there was an additional healing ingredient he hadn't been able to find.  He said he looked for it, but it wasn't on any map.  Daisy took one glance at the page and said "That's because it's not a place."  Apparently that page held the name of a person, one that Daisy knew exactly how to find.  
Yeah, but I mean is she going to extract her DNA and give her powers to someone else? Because that would be quite a development.  Or is she going to grind up her bones and make a healing potion?  Or is she going to cut off her hand and go around touching people with it and healing them?  :unsure:

For that one, I have no answer!  :lol:  
:lol:

#8 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,873 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 29 April 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

And why does Quake need a shovel to dig up a grave?

Less risk of damaging the body? She only just got her powers back. Maybe she lacks faith in their precision.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#9 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:16 PM

In our fleeting glimpse of the grave marker, I read "Jiaying <lastname partly obscured by leaves>" -- Daisy's mother. No wonder she recognized it so quickly.

(I just now looked up her last name. It was "Zabo" -- if like me, you were wondering.)

Daisyis already skittish about using her Quake-power, but I imagine she'd be even more cautious using them around the body of Jiaying, whose powers included life-draining/regeneration/possible immortality. As I recall, Cal defeated Jiaying off-screen, sparing Daisy who had been locked in a mortal power-battle with Jiaying. I don't know how he killed her, or indeed, if he actually did. Jiayang may be trapped alive in her burial vault, unable to gain the energy to regenerate -- much as she was when Cal found her in a ditch, after Whitehall had discarded her "dead" body.  After Cal's best medical/surgical efforts, he still had to take her to a village in Hunan, China, where she sucked the life out of the entire village to achieve the stable form we saw.

Edited by Orpheus, 30 April 2018 - 01:21 PM.

#10 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,873 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

View PostOrpheus, on 30 April 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

In our fleeting glimpse of the grave marker, I read "Jiaying <lastname partly obscured by leaves>" -- Daisy's mother. No wonder she recognized it so quickly.

(I just now looked up her last name. It was "Zabo" -- if like me, you were wondering.)

Well, that was her married name, from her husband, Calvin Zabo (Mr. Hyde). The show shied away from using it with Cal, too. I guess they thought it was silly.

Facebook Author Page

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,519 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

View PostOrpheus, on 30 April 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

if he actually did. Jiayang may be trapped alive in her burial vault, unable to gain the energy to regenerate --  
That would be quite a twist. Maybe she could suck the energy out of Talbot before he cracks the world in half.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users