Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

Airdate April 27, 2018

Spoilers

picture pending

Tilly and Rogers find themselves in danger after an encounter with Eloise, forcing Tilly to make a life-altering decision when Rogers' life is threatened. Meanwhile, Henry and Jacinda's relationship takes a step forward, but despite Lucy's efforts, their union doesn't provide the answers she's seeking. In a flashback, young Gothel seeks revenge after her home is destroyed.

For the second time this year, there are zero promo pics, even after airing.  I will update if any show up in the next few days, but last time they didn't.  :shrug:  (Has the promotional dept stopped caring now that the show is officially ending?)

SFG

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

A land without magic!!  Woah!!!! :eek3:

Why didn't true love's kiss work?!?!? :oh: :think:

And is Samdi really a good guy?  Or did he do something else to prevent the curse from breaking?  (He seems to be able to wake people up at will.  Could he just ... wake everybody up, if he wants to?)

Ooh Tilly... :(  I loved her origami white rabbit though!  :D

And hey for the oldest flashback yet!  :lol:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Okay, so let me see if I have this straight:  Gothal is a Wood Nymph whose fascination with humans brought on a near-total genocide of Wood Nymphs by humans, so she retaliated by inflicting complete genocide on the human race, which turned out to be a previous human race that was identical to the current human race, right down to customs and fashions, and then she went away to another dimension to wait for another human race to evolve, because she knew that the new human race would be the same as the old human race, so then she would return to take revenge upon that human race, too, and that new human race is us. That's a bit of a stretch.  :mellow:

And Facilier did indeed cure Henry of the curse within a curse, and he got to kiss Jacinda without dying-- that's nice, although I pictured a more dramatic climax where he kissed her and fell down into a deathly coma and was saved at the very last second before expiring.  They kind of missed the boat on that one. But it's an interesting twist that their kiss did not break the overlying curse.  Is it simply because Jacinda made a point out of the kiss being between their curse personas?  Or is there yet another mystery brewing?

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 28 April 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

(Has the promotional dept stopped caring now that the show is officially ending?)  
Unfortunately, that seems likely.

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 29 April 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

And is Samdi really a good guy?  
I've had a feeling for a while that there is more to him than meets the eye.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:08 PM

and then she went away to another dimension to wait for another human race to evolve, because she knew that the new human race would be the same as the old human race, so then she would return to take revenge upon that human race, too, and that new human race is us.

When they cut from our blasted land without magic to the Seattle skyline, it occurred to me that no lands with magic ever seem to have made it into the Industrial Revolution and beyond. I know that's because of where fairy tales and fantasy are usually set but it suggests that, without the powers of magic, people have to invent technology.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:43 PM

That makes sense, I suppose.  Although even in realms with magic, most people don't have it.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:57 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 29 April 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Okay, so let me see if I have this straight:  Gothal is a Wood Nymph whose fascination with humans brought on a near-total genocide of Wood Nymphs by humans, so she retaliated by inflicting complete genocide on the human race, which turned out to be a previous human race that was identical to the current human race, right down to customs and fashions, and then she went away to another dimension to wait for another human race to evolve, because she knew that the new human race would be the same as the old human race, so then she would return to take revenge upon that human race, too, and that new human race is us. That's a bit of a stretch.  :mellow:

Well I had assumed it not another species of homini…. Especially considering she only killed one village…. She spoke of more of humans washing ashore… Which is fitting, considering the two main theories of how the Americas were originally settled… either between glaciers through central Alaska/Yukon/BC, and/or along the Alaska/BC coast. But obviously those villagers she killed were not from an known documented people in the Americas even ignoring ethnicity and language ;) I imagine they didn't want to touch that with a ten foot pole. Maybe magic moved it ;) Because humans haven't even been around long enough to explain it with geological changes yet ;)

I had just assumed she hadn't thought she was powerful enough yet to wipe out the human race…. That to travel around ever mile of the earth, but the time she was done the people at a right angle from her direction would have had some descendants move into territory she already covered, or something.

So, somehow her time-line crosses over with a fictional realm that has only been in actual existence some 20ish(?) earth years (with fake memories/history from a non-existent before), and has a kid she birthed in that realm (admitted after only a night of gestating) and that kid is 20ish(?) or even older…. I know I know, don't pay attention to the time line, especially this season. They have (probably purposeful) too many realms moving at different speeds to try to confuse things, such as the off-hand comment about Robyn growing up quickly due to realms they purport. *side eye*

Edited by sierraleone, 03 May 2018 - 08:57 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#7 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:04 PM

View PostCardie, on 30 April 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

When they cut from our blasted land without magic to the Seattle skyline, it occurred to me that no lands with magic ever seem to have made it into the Industrial Revolution and beyond. I know that's because of where fairy tales and fantasy are usually set but it suggests that, without the powers of magic, people have to invent technology.

But before season 3-4ish they made magic wielders seem kind of rare. So you'd think that the non-magic folk would have had some incentive to invent advance/post-industrial-revolution technology to solve some problems. I am thinking that magic might have held back science not because it was constructive and de-incentivized technological advances, but because magic was also destructive and lost technological advances ;)

Edited by sierraleone, 03 May 2018 - 09:04 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 03 May 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

Well I had assumed it not another species of homini…. Especially considering she only killed one village….  
Did she?  I got the impression that she wiped out the human race and was waiting for another human race to evolve. Of course, I could be wrong....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 7

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users