Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD: S5E20 - The one who will save us all .

Marvels Agents of SHIELD Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,541 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

A newly determined Talbot takes Coulson to meet the nemy and attempts to stave off the destruction of Earth.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=HeYYKjKbSxw

And the sneak peek:

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=brnsBjXLT1Y

Will Talbot be Earth's savior, or its tyrant?

Can Coulson manage to redeem a Talbot drunk on power?

And what of Daisy and the rest ... can the team come back together in the face of impending doom?

For answers to these questions, and more, remember to tune in to ABC tonight,  True Believers, at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central, to find out.

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:57 PM

^ Those YouTube links are easy to fix. :)  Just remove the "m" and "." that are before "youtube", and they will embed like normal.  :cool:

(I am guessing you posted from a mobile device.  But it is an easy fix.) :)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 04 May 2018 - 05:58 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,231 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

^^  You're a genius.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,541 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:23 AM

Thanks, SFG, I'm still getting used to my kindle.  It was only the past couple of weeks when I figured out how to copy and paste on it.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:04 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 04 May 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

^^  You're a genius.  :lol:

Nah, I've just done the exact same thing in the past.  ;)  I think Orpheus has mentioned that the board is set to automatically embed videos based on recognizing the domain name.  So there is probably a (short) list of safe, known video sites, but the board doesn't know any variations on those.  :)

View PostG-man, on 05 May 2018 - 06:23 AM, said:

Thanks, SFG, I'm still getting used to my kindle.  It was only the past couple of weeks when I figured out how to copy and paste on it.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Hmm, it doesn't look like it worked.  I just quoted your post to see what happened, and it looks like you only changed the display part of the clickable link:

[url="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HeYYKjKbSxw"]https://youtube.co...h?v=HeYYKjKbSxw[/url]

And the sneak peek:

[url="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=brnsBjXLT1Y"]https://youtube.co...h?v=brnsBjXLT1Y[/url]

You need to change it to say only the text of the link, like this:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HeYYKjKbSxw

And the sneak peek:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=brnsBjXLT1Y

Though, I'm not sure if it needs to be www.youtube instead of https://youtube .

Just make sure you click on "light-switch mode" to see the code. :)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 05 May 2018 - 12:07 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,754 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

SFG's trick works perfectly if you do it while writing the post, but sometimes due to cache issues (there are separate caches in IPB, on our server, at your ISP, in your browser, and at other points in the chain), it can occassionally be annoying to edit. You may fix it correctly (or not) but not see the update until the cache entry expires -- "things once seen, cannot be unseen" (for a while)

I'll look into the code. Alas, it was an ancient BBcode written in PHP, not our current BBcode system, so I'd have to edit it manually in Notepad to avoid the risk of impacting the other PHP tags. (Long story, short form: don't have a PHP IDE installed my current machines). Upside: I can probably make the same patch to all of the PHP media codes at the same time. In Ye Olden Days, the video sites themselves only recognized the www subdomain.com or "no subdomain". m.domain.com wasn't a thing yet, and those sites STILL reject any subdomain, except "", "www." or "m."

PHP BBcodes don't require YOU to add the BBcode. They recognize the video URLs of certain approved popular sites and auto-add the BBcodes for you. The newer, non-PHP BBcodes, like [ Hulu ], require you to type the BBcode or use the "Special BBcode" dropdown.

IIRC, I fixed the youtu.be non-bug (It's a non-bug because YouTube decided to get cutesy, and supplied youtu.be in the url. ".be" means a Belgian domain, just as the more familiar .uk TLD means "UK". There is no logical reason why youtu.be should automatically be equivalent to youtube.com (indeed it would open up a world of scams), but Youtube and a handful of other domains bought their TLD lookalikes to avoid scammers doing it. Then they muddied the waters by USING those TLD domains intead of just putting up a redirect.

Edited by Orpheus, 05 May 2018 - 03:14 PM.

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,541 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

Anyhoo, NOW Oracle-Yoyo's warning makes sense.  It was concise and complete, the problem was that Yoyo was trying to anticipate the crisis-point and only served to confuse matters AND contributed to undermining her own credibility.  

And, yeah, Super Talbot has gone a little funny in the head, albeit one can't help but think his grievance with/envy of SHIELD did have some legitimacy.

Meanwhile, it looks like Daisy has attracted boyfriend number 3(?) with Deke.  Obviously, she has a type.  Then also, it was her rushing to Coulson's rescue that would propel her to meet her destiny.  Oy.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,231 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, SHIELD has pretty much disintegrated at this point.  :(  Aside from the core family of Coulson, May, and Daisy, there's really not any cohesion left. Mack feels that YoYo has betrayed both him and the principles of SHIELD, and he feels the same about Fitz-- previously his two best friends on the team. Daisy and YoYo have come to blows. Simmons feels that they are crossing a line in their efforts to save Coulson (though whether that line is using alien technology, genetic engineering, or grave robbing, I'm not sure).  And the biggest external threat facing them now is Coulson's old friend, and sometimes SHIELD ally, Talbot, who is totally off his rocker and not making a good impression on the universe.

At least everybody seems to be mellowing toward Deke.

And they got very explicit with the ideology this week, with Talbot complaining about Democrats and Mack telling Fitz he should follow the good word.

The latest Avengers movie got a plug with the mention of Thanos invading Earth.  It seems to be really bad planning by Marvel to have two alien invasions going on at the same time-- kind of redundant story-wise.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,842 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:20 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 06 May 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

And they got very explicit with the ideology this week, with Talbot complaining about Democrats and Mack telling Fitz he should follow the good word.

I wouldn't consider those the same thing. Mack's faith is a sincere personal belief, not a political stance. And I doubt he would agree with any of the ways that Christian teachings have been corrupted and misrepresented by people who claim to practice "faith-based" politics.

The latest Avengers movie got a plug with the mention of Thanos invading Earth.  It seems to be really bad planning by Marvel to have two alien invasions going on at the same time-- kind of redundant story-wise.

I think they kind of addressed that by establishing that the Confederacy is a band of scavengers. It follows that they'd take advantage of wars, invasions, and such to come in and take what they want under cover of the larger conflict. What we're seeing in the show isn't an invasion, it's just one ship coming to claim the gravitonium it's been offered. And I think Qovas said they needed the gravitonium to defend against Thanos.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#10 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,754 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

I seem to remember someone else ranting about Democrats and saying "I alone can fix it"... it was the 2016 Republican National Conference. If only I could remember who.

I doubt that's a coincidence

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,231 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

Probably not, but it's a shame they used Talbot to make the point. I have the sad feeling he won't survive the season.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users