45 replies to this topic

#1 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:33 AM

Hello Folks

This is the thread for NBC regarding upfront news such as show renewals, cancellations and orders of new series.

The first news comes in the form of two series orders:

- New drama "The Village" from Mike Daniels ("Sons of Anarchy", "The Brave") centers on the people who reside the building have built a bonded family of friends and neighbors. Sarah’s a nurse and single mom raising a creative teen; Gabe’s a young law student who got a much older and unexpected roommate; Ava must secure the future of her young, U.S.-born son when ICE comes knocking; Nick’s a veteran who’s returned from war; and the heart and soul of the building, Ron and Patricia, have captivating tales all their own. These are the hopeful, heartwarming and challenging stories of life that prove family is everything — even if it’s the one you make with the people around you.
The cast includes Moran Atias, Chianese, Warren Christie, Frankie Faison, Jerod Haynes, Daren Kagasoff, Michaela McManus, Lorraine Toussaint and Grace Van Dien. Minkie Spiro directed the pilot.

- Another new drama, "The Enemy Within", created by Ken Woodruff and Vernon Sanders, is a fast-paced thriller set in the world of counterintelligence. It centers on Erica Shepherd (Jennifer Carpenter, "Dexter"), a brilliant former CIA operative, now known as the most notorious traitor in American history and serving life in a Supermax prison. Against every fiber of his being but with nowhere else to turn, FBI Agent Will Keaton (Morris Chestnut) enlists Shepherd to help track down a fiercely dangerous and elusive criminal she knows all too well. For Keaton, it’s not easy to trust the woman who cost him so much. While Shepherd and Keaton have different motivations for bringing the enemy to justice, they both know that to catch a spy: They must think like one.
Raza Jaffrey and Kelli Garner round out the cast. The pilot was directed by Mark Pellington ("Arlington Road").

And already late last week, the network has ordered medical drama "New Amsterdam", which is inspired by Bellevue, the oldest public hospital in America, this unique medical drama follows the brilliant and charming Dr. Max Goodwin, the institution’s newest medical director who sets out to tear up the bureaucracy and provide exceptional care. How can he help? Well, the doctors and staff have heard this before. Not taking “no” for an answer, Dr. Goodwin must disrupt the status quo and prove he will stop at nothing to breathe new life into this understaffed, underfunded and underappreciated hospital — the only one in the world capable of treating Ebola patients, prisoners from Rikers and the President of the United States under one roof — and return it to the glory that put it on the map.

Additionally, the network has officially renewed its drama "Good Girls" for a second season.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 08 May 2018 - 01:49 AM.

#2 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,063 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:07 AM

That's odd. There was a FOX show called New Amsterdam just 10 years ago, about an immortal private detective in New York City (since he was there when it was originally founded under the name New Amsterdam). I guess 10 years is a reasonably long time between series of the same name, but it feels so recent.

(I've always assumed that ABC's Still Star-Crossed would've been called just Star-Crossed if The CW hadn't done a show of that name just 3 years earlier.)
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#3 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:30 AM

^^ I remember that show. It wasn't bad, but unfortunately, lasted only one shortened season. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau starred, he was quite gripping in the role.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#4 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:38 AM

UDPATE:

NBC, which will be revealing its fall schedule on Sunday, has officially renewed its midseason comedy "A. P. Bio" for a second season.

Additionally, the network has ordered two comedies for the new season:

- "Abby's", from Mike Schur ("Parks & Recreation", "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"), stars Natalie Morales ("The Middleman") and is set at the best bar in San Diego, home to good prices, great company and, of course, Abby. This unlicensed, makeshift bar nestled in her backyard is the opposite of everything annoying about today’s party scene. There are rules at Abby’s: no cell phones (not even to “look something up”), earning a seat at the bar takes time and losing a challenge means drinking a limey, sugary “not-beer” drink. As the oddball cast of regulars will tell you, hanging out at Abby’s is a coveted honor. But once you’re in, you’re family.
Neil Flynn, Nelson Franklin, Jessica Chaffin, Leonard Ouzts and Kimia Behpoornia round out the cast. The pilot was directed by Pamela Fryman ("How I Met Your Mother").

- "I Feel Bad", from writer-producer Aseem Batra ("Scrubs"), centers on Emet (Sarayu Blue), the perfect mom, boss, wife, friend and daughter. OK, she’s not perfect. In fact, she’s just figuring it out like the rest of us. Sure, she feels bad when she has a sexy dream about someone other than her husband, or when she pretends not to know her kids when they misbehave in public, or when she uses her staff to help solve personal problems. But that’s OK, right? Nobody can have it all and do it perfectly.
Paul Adelstein, Aisling Bea, Zach Cherry, Johnny Pemberton and James Buckley round out the cast. Julie Anne Robinson directed the pilot.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

Abby's sounds like a place I'd like, but I wonder what kind of stories they will tell.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:44 AM

UPDATE:

Good news for all those fans of Dick Wolf's "Chicagoverse".

"Chicago Fire", "Chicago P.D." and "Chicago Med" have all been renewed for another season. This marks "Fire"'s seventh, "P.D."'s sixth and "Med"'s fourth season.

Additionally, the network has also renewed long-running drama "Law & Order: SVU" for another season - the show's whopping 20th.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:06 AM

I'll give Abby a shot, if only because it stars Natalie Morales.  I imagine that, like Cheers, it will basically be a show about a bunch of people (probably eccentrics) who hang out after a stress-filled day at work (or whatever).

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 10 May 2018 - 08:12 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#8 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:47 AM

Nice to see  Law & Order: SVU  get renewed. It is still a great show.

I also might give  Abby  a shot, as well as I Feel Bad.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#9 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

UDAPTE:

NBC has officially renewed "Blindspot" for a fourth season today.

Additionally, the network ordered another drama series.

"The Manifest", from Jeff Rake and Robert Zemeckis, explores a hypothetical scenario what would happen if a missing plane and its passengers suddenly reappeared and is said to be inspired by the mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. When Montego Air Flight 828 landed safely after a turbulent but routine flight, the crew and passengers were relieved. Yet in the span of those few hours, the world had aged five years and their friends, families and colleagues, after mourning their loss, had given up hope and moved on. Now, faced with the impossible, they’re all given a second chance. But as their new realities become clear, a deeper mystery unfolds and some of the returned passengers soon realize they may be meant for something greater than they ever thought possible.
Melissa Roxburgh ("Valor"), Josh Dallas ("Once Upon A Time"), Athena Karkanis, J.R. Ramirez, Luna Blaise, Jack Messina and Parveen Kaur star. David Frankel ("The Devil Wears Prada") directed the pilot.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:40 PM

^ So ... newLost, plus Prince Charming.  :lol:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:06 PM

UPDATE:

NBC has just picked up another series for the new season.

"The InBetween" centers on Cassie Bishop (Harriet Dyer) who was born with a gift, though she may call it a curse. She can see and communicate with the dead, helping them with their unresolved problems … whether she likes it or not. When her longtime friend Det. Tom Hackett and his new partner, former FBI Agent Damien Asante, need help solving a darkly puzzling murder, Cassie agrees to use her abilities. Despite her reluctance, she may have found a way to keep her demons at bay, all while solving some of the city’s most challenging cases.
Yusef Gatewood ("The Originals") played a lead role in the pilot, but that part is being recast. The rest of the cast includes Anne-Marie Johnson, Cindy Luna, Chad James Buchanan and - SPOILER ALERT for "Arrow" fans - Paul Blackthorne (who exits "Arrow" at the end of its current season).
Charlotte Sieling directed the pilot.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 10 May 2018 - 05:42 PM.

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 10 May 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

^ So ... newLost, plus Prince Charming.  :lol:  
Be funny if it were another curse.  :lol:  Actually, it sounds a bit Twilight Zone-y to me. I might give it a look.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#13 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:29 PM

THE INBETWEEN reminds of TRU CALLING, based on what little the description shows.

#14 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,063 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:59 AM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 10 May 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

THE INBETWEEN reminds of TRU CALLING, based on what little the description shows.

Sounds more like Ghost Whisperer. But there have been a number of "talk to the dead and help them solve their problems and/or murders" shows of various kinds -- there's also Pushing Daisies, Stitchers, iZombie, and probably others.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#15 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:21 AM

^ And Medium ...

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 11 May 2018 - 08:22 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#16 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,063 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:37 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 11 May 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

^ And Medium ...

I always thought that if they'd cast Kristin Chenoweth in that show and had her travel the country, they could've called it Small Medium at Large.

Facebook Author Page

#17 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

View PostChristopher, on 11 May 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 11 May 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

^ And Medium ...

I always thought that if they'd cast Kristin Chenoweth in that show and had her travel the country, they could've called it Small Medium at Large.

LMAO!!!!  That was awesome.  Just... awesome!

#18 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:09 PM

UPDATE:

NBC has made another decision, and it's not good news for fans of action drama "Taken".

The network has officially canceled the show based on the feature film franchise starring Liam Neeson. Clive Standen, Jennifer Beals, Adam Goldberg and Jessica Camacho starred.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#19 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

UPDATE:

And another one on the chopping block:

NBC has officially canceled freshman drama "The Brave".

Greets
Lambsilencer

#20 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

UPDATE:

NBC keeps swinging the axe. The latest victim is sophomore workplace comedy "Great News", which is just been canceled.

Greets
Lambsilencer

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users