#21 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

View PostLambsilencer, on 11 May 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

UPDATE:

NBC keeps swinging the axe. The latest victim is sophomore workplace comedy "Great News", which is just been canceled.

Greets
Lambsilencer

^ Aw, that one was fun.  :(

Fingers crossed, hoping that they will renew Timeless!!  :angelnot:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 11 May 2018 - 04:46 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#22 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:49 PM

I really hope they do, but after the miraculous resurrection of last year I'm not optimistic.  :mellow:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#23 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:09 PM

UPDATE:

And now it's NBC swinging the proverbial axe again.

Frehsman drama "Rise" has officially been canceled.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#24 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

And, another verdict has come in:

In a bit of a surprising move, "L.A.s Finest", the "Bad Boys" spinoff starring Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union, has been passed over at NBC. The pilot was considered pretty much a lock up to this point.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#25 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:28 AM

Dang.  "Great News" was one of the few sitcoms I like.
Cats will never be extinct!

#26 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:59 AM

UPDATE:

Raymond Reddington will keep delivering bad guys to the Feds.

NBC has officially renewed "The Blacklist" for a 22-episode sixth season. The fifth season finale airs Wednesday.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#27 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:08 AM

I wonder if they are waiting to decide on Timeless until after tonight's 2 hour season finale?  According to Eric Kripke, they are testing an earlier time slot to see if that boosts the ratings.  Just the fact that they are testing that, means they haven't decided yet!  So there is still time to convince them with big ratings!  A big ratings boost at 9pm would go a long way to showing what the show could be worth in the right time slot!  :cool:

So watch the finale live if you can, or even just turn the TV on in the background!  :D

Here is the letter Eric Kripke posted last week:

Timeless letter - DccbjYRVMAERhBz.jpg_large.jpg

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 13 May 2018 - 01:08 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#28 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 13 May 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

So watch the finale live if you can, or even just turn the TV on in the background!  :D  
Okay, I'll see if my TV remembers how to be tuned to anything besides TCM or MeTV.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#29 1XMCfan

1XMCfan
  • Islander
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:23 PM

Shoot I liked "The Brave" and thought that as least comparing the early episodes that it was superior to "Seal Team."

#30 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

I couldn't even tell you the difference between The Brave and the other similar army shows on the other networks. Still, sorry to the fans who enjoyed it.

Fingers crossed for Timeless. I totally forgot when the second season started and then fell behind but I want this show to get another season.

Too bad about the Bad Boys spin-off. I was interested in that simply for the cast.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#31 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

Still no decision on Timeless, so far as I know.

#32 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:01 AM

^^Nope. Still TBD.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#33 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:18 AM

Still nothing on Timeless, as far as I can tell anyways. Fingers crossed for another miracle.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#34 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

^^ Nope, sorry.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#35 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostLambsilencer, on 29 May 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

^^ Nope, sorry.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Not your fault. NBC will make a decision when it decides to make a decision and nothing we can do to change that.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#36 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

One gets the idea that someone at NBC really wants it to come back, so that's encouraging.

#37 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

Ah, well, the bad news has been delivered.  Timeless has timed out.  Although there is a possibility for a two-hour wrap up.

It's not surprising, but still disappointing to see it made official. I really liked that group of actors and characters.

It would be nice to have the wrap-up movie, but I think the second-season finale works just as well as a twist ending as it does a cliffhanger-- a twist with an optimistic spin.  At least, I'll look at it that way....

#38 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:48 PM

Not seeing much new stuff of interest (yeah, opinions can change) and this is one more old favorite gone.  Maybe I'll be able to tackle the stack of unread books next season!!
Cats will never be extinct!

#39 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

I'm finding it kind of hard to work up interest in any new shows, too.

#40 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:09 PM

View PostThemis, on 23 June 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

Not seeing much new stuff of interest (yeah, opinions can change) and this is one more old favorite gone.  Maybe I'll be able to tackle the stack of unread books next season!!
Yeah, this is kinda where my head's at right now, too, only with anime.  3-5 years ago, my entertainment viewing was almost all anime, with a few western live-action shows sprinkled in, but then it shifted back to being almost entirely U.S. tv, and I never seem to have time to check out new anime shows.   With so many series ending (cancellation and otherwise) in the last year or so, and the lackluster crop expected next season (so far), the main brightside seems to be having that pendulum shift back toward anime a bit.

Major bummer re: Timeless, though.  :(
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users