Details in this thread

NBC: Renewals, Cancellations, Series Orders

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

That is sad about Timeless, though not unexpected. I do hope we get the two hour wrap-up movie, though.

As for the other new shows I'd have to look at all of them again to say whether there are any that I'm looking forward to. I guess the fact that I can't really remember any of them doesn't bode well for my interest in any of them.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#42 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:22 PM

Timeless is actually getting that two-hour wrap-up:  https://tvline.com/2...movie-date-nbc/

Nice to have a bit more to look forward to.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#43 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:22 PM

Fantastic!  It's the show that will not die. Maybe this will even raise interest in making more episodes or movies.

Interesting that they're calling it a two-part event and a two-hour event.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#44 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,064 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:47 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 01 August 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

I suspect they're just calling it "two-part" because the term "TV movie" is no longer part of the everyday vernacular. For some reason, TV movies have pretty much ceased to exist, except on a couple of cable channels. I guess direct-to-video movies replaced them.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#45 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:28 AM

I am excited that Timeless is getting the wrap-up it deserves. It would be nice if it led to more episodes but right now I'm just excited that we are getting this.

View PostChristopher, on 01 August 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostRJDiogenes, on 01 August 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

I suspect they're just calling it "two-part" because the term "TV movie" is no longer part of the everyday vernacular. For some reason, TV movies have pretty much ceased to exist, except on a couple of cable channels. I guess direct-to-video movies replaced them.

The same with TV mini-series. I can't remember the last time there was anything like Stephen King's Rose Red or The Stand, Peter Benchley's The Beast or Creature, etc. Now it is mainly limited episode events that last around 10 episodes or so.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#46 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:46 PM

I think mini-series are pretty redundant these days with tiny seasons separated by years the new normal.  :lol:

I read in the last few days that the Timeless wrap up is underway and is expected to air in December.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users