#1 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:44 AM

Hello Folks

And we're in the middle already.

ABC has issued its fall schedule, and it looks like Thursdays still belong to Shonda Rhimes.

Of note:

- "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." will return no sooner than the summer of 2019 after its renewal for a shorter sixth season.

- Nathan Fillion cop drama "The Rookie" has gotten the risky slot of Tuesdays at 10 PM.

- Friday is comedy night, with half-hour series "Fresh Off the Boat" and "Speechless", followed by "Child Support".

- "Roesanne" is returning in the fall for its second season, versus the midseason slot for the freshman run.

Here is the schedule:

MONDAY:                8:00 p.m.          “Dancing with the Stars”
                                    10:00 p.m.        “The Good Doctor”

TUESDAY:                8:00 p.m.          “Roseanne”
                                    8:30 p.m.          “The Kids Are Alright”
                                    9:00 p.m.          “black-ish”
                                    9:30 p.m.          “Splitting Up Together”
                                    10:00 p.m.        “The Rookie”

WEDNESDAY:          8:00 p.m.          “The Goldbergs”      
                                    8:30 p.m.          “American Housewife” (new time)
                                    9:00 p.m.          “Modern Family”
                                    9:30 p.m.          “Single Parents”
                                    10:00 p.m.        “A Million Little Things”

THURSDAY:              8:00 p.m.          “Grey’s Anatomy”
                                    9:00 p.m.          “Station 19”
                                    10:00 p.m.        “How to Get Away with Murder”  

FRIDAY:                    8:00 p.m.          “Fresh Off the Boat” (new day and time)
                                    8:30 p.m.          “Speechless” (new day and time)
                                    9:00 p.m.          “Child Support” (new time)
                                    10:00 p.m.        “20/20”

SATURDAY:            8:00 p.m.          “Saturday Night Football”

SUNDAY:                  7:00 p.m.          “America’s Funniest Home Videos”
                                    8:00 p.m.          “Dancing with the Stars: Juniors”
                                    9:00 p.m.          “Shark Tank”
                                    10:00 p.m.        “The Alec Baldwin Show” (new title)

Held for midseason:

"American Idol", "The Bachelor", "The Fix" (new), "For the People", "Grand Hotel" (new), "Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D"., "Schooled" (new) and "Whiskey Cavalier" (new)

And below, as usual in spoiler tags, the descriptions of the new shows:

Spoiler

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 15 May 2018 - 02:10 PM.

#2 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,717 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:45 AM

Wow. It looks like there's no SF/fantasy in the lineup at all until Agents of SHIELD returns. Is the glut of SF/F in recent years starting to subside again?
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#3 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

Bumped for updated premiere date of „Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.".

Edited by Lambsilencer, 15 May 2018 - 05:45 PM.

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:31 PM

^ Summer?!?!?  :eek:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 15 May 2018 - 02:32 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

It's like ABC is TRYING to kill the show.

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,717 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:35 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 15 May 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

No, it's more like they're waiting until after Avengers 4 comes out, because odds are that movie will pick up right where Infinity War left off and there'd be no way to fit season 6 in between the movies.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 15 May 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

^ Summer?!?!?  :eek:    
My sentiments exactly.  :(

View PostFarscapeOne, on 15 May 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Well, I think they've been renewing it under duress, so that may be.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

^^ ABC said at the upfront presentation that it was their decision to put the show into the summer, and that it had nothing to do with what Marvel Studios is doing with the "Avengers" franchise. Could be a misdirection, of course.

It was also said that the network believes in the loyal fan base that garners the show great numbers when live viewing is not considered. Putting it into the summer relieves some of that "live viewing" pressure and ABC hopes that the delayed numbers stay good.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#9 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,717 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:05 PM

Besides, summer isn't the "dead time" it used to be. Cable networks routinely air new shows in the "summer season" as well as the fall season, and sometimes broadcast networks do the same. TV these days is year-round. So it seems outdated to see a summer premiere as a negative.

Facebook Author Page

#10 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:49 AM

^^ Exactly.

#11 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,492 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

Wow.  Aside from Agents of SHIELD there is absolutely nothing on ABC that I'm even curious about.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

Same here.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#13 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:03 PM

I'll still watch all the ABC  comedies that I do now like Roseanne (though that is more out of loyalty to the old show since the revival doesn't have the same spark), The Goldbergs, black-ish, Speechless, and Modern Family.

I will give Schooled a try, but I hope it is better than the backdoor pilot episode in The Goldbergs.

The Fix might be interesting just to see how this obvious Marcia Clark fantasy plays out. I might give The Rookie a try just because of Nathan Fillion.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#14 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,427 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

I've seen Fresh Off The Boat a couple of times and liked it (especially the mother), but I'm just not inspired to watch contemporary comedies.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users