5 replies to this topic

#1 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:45 AM

Hello Folks

CBS is fourth in announcing its fall schedule for the 2018 - 2019 TV season.

Of note:

- CBS is reinventing its Monday by starting off with a comedy block, followed by the reboot of "Magnum P.I." and "Bull".

- "The Big Bang Theory" will stay in its Thursday 8 PM slot. CBS entertainment president Kelly Kahl said that the next season is not necessarily the last. "We would certainly hope to get a few more years out of it."

Here is the new schedule:

CBS TELEVISION NETWORK 2018-2019 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

(N=New, NTP=New Time Period)

All Times ET/PT

MONDAY
8:00-8:30 PM THE NEIGHBORHOOD (N)
8:30-9:00 PM HAPPY TOGETHER (N)
9:00-10:00 PM MAGNUM P.I. (N)
10:00-11:00 PM BULL (NTP)

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
9:00-10:00 PM FBI (N)
10:00-11:00 PM NCIS: NEW ORLEANS

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR
9:00-10:00 PM SEAL TEAM
10:00-11:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS

THURSDAY
8:00-8:30 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY
8:30-9:00 PM YOUNG SHELDON
9:00-9:30 PM MOM
9:30-10:00 PM MURPHY BROWN (NTP)
10:00-11:00 PM S.W.A.T.

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM MACGYVER
9:00-10:00 PM HAWAII FIVE-0
10:00-11:00 PM BLUE BLOODS

SATURDAY
8:00-9:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS

SUNDAY
7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES
8:00-9:00 PM GOD FRIENDED ME (N)
9:00-10:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES
10:00-11:00 PM MADAM SECRETARY

Held for midseason: "Elementary", "Life In Pieces", "Man With A Plan", "Instinct", "The Amazing Race", "Big Brother", "Big Brother: Celebrity Edition", plus new entries "The Code", "Fam", "The Red Line" and "Blood & Treasure".

And below, the descriptions of the new shows.

Spoiler

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 16 May 2018 - 08:46 AM.

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

God Friended Me sounds cute in an updated Early Edition/Touched by an Angel sort of way... I'll be keeping an eye on that one.

Also intrigued by "Blood & Treasure" in that mid-season list.  Hopefully it'll scratch that "Hooten & the Lady" itch... I miss my fun action-adventure shows of the syndication era.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,020 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

God Friended Me sounds offensive to Atheists. Unless it does turn out to be a hoax.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,452 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

Hurm ... I'm not really feeling the POW/Afghan War angle on the reboot of Magnum PI ... aside from that one guy who had wandered off from his post, I hadn't really heard much about the Taliban taking POWs from US/Allied Forces.

OTOH, the revival of Murphy Brown sounds promising.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 17 May 2018 - 10:34 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:48 PM

I agree, the POW thing is a little awkward.  I wonder if it's just a wording thing?  Maybe if they didn't phrase it as "POW" but just that they'd been captured or held hostage, it might not hit that awkward note?   "POW" has a certain imagery or subtext or something to it that doesn't gel with the way we think of our more recent conflicts.

Trailers for the new CBS shows are out:  http://www.vulture.c...e-trailers.html

I actually might give Magnum a shot, based on the trailer.  The lead actor isn't quite selling me on his own, but the buddy-trio vibe looks solid.  Interesting that they went with a likely-love-interest woman for the Higgins role.

My interest in God Friended Me is down - I was picturing something more quirky.  And the Murphy Brown one definitely did its job of making me nostalgic for the original and looking forward to the new.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,854 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:24 PM

I am definitely down for Murphy Brown. I loved the show when it originally aired and the revival looks just as good. Now I need to go find a way to watch the original series again.

Happy Together will get a chance just because of Amber Stevens West. I've liked her since she was on Greek. None of the other shows really stand out to me.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users