#1 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

Hello Folks

And we're through.

Here is the last fall schedule of this upfront season, from The CW.

Of note:

- "Supergirl" is moving to The CW's newly opened night, Sundays, at 8 PM, followed by the reboot of "Charmed".

- "Arrow" is moving to Mondays at 9 PM, where it will have "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" as a lead-in.

- "The Originals" spinoff, "Legacies", will be getting the Thursday 9 PM slot, after "Supernatural".

- "iZombie", "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" and "Jane the Virgin" will all return for their final seasons. "iZombie" and "Jane the Virgin" will be launching in 2019.

Here is the schedule.

THE CW's 2018-19 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

SUNDAY
8:00-9:00 PM SUPERGIRL (New Night)
9:00-10:00 PM CHARMED (New Series)

MONDAY
8:00-9:00 PM DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
9:00-10:00 PM ARROW (New Night)

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM THE FLASH
9:00-10:00 PM BLACK LIGHTNING

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM RIVERDALE
9:00-10:00 PM ALL AMERICAN (New Series)

THURSDAY
8:00-9:00 PM SUPERNATURAL
9:00-10:00 PM LEGACIES (New Series)

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM DYNASTY
9:00-10:00 PM CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND

Held for midseason are "iZombie", "Jane the Virgin", "The 100" plus new entries "In The Dark" and "Roswell, New Mexico".

Below are the descriptions of the new and returning shows. Be careful: Sometimes, there are spoilers for the current seasons in them.

Spoiler

Greets
Lambsilencer

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,472 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO ... well, it has all the elements of a soap opera with the added spice of "aliens in hiding," and government cover-ups.

I have to wonder if they are going to play this as straight drama, or opt for a more comedic approach if not out-and-out camp.  I’ll probably sample this one when it finally airs.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 17 May 2018 - 02:44 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,661 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

View PostG-man, on 17 May 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO ... well, it has all the elements of a soap opera with the added spice of "aliens in hiding," and government cover-ups.

I have to wonder if they are going to play this as straight drama, or opt for a more comedic approach if not out-and-out camp.  I’ll probably sample this one when it finally airs.

Well, it's a remake of the WB/UPN teen drama Roswell from 1999-2002, which was based in turn on the Roswell High young-adult books. The original show played it pretty straight, in much the same vein as Smallville, I'd say.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:29 PM

I'll be watching the superhero shows and Dynasty. I do hope Supergirl's move to Sunday nights won't hurt the show.

I might give the Charmed reboot a chance but everything I've heard about it so far doesn't give me much hope. I wish they had done a sequel series. Even if all three original actresses didn't want to come back the series finale introduced plenty of new Halliwells ready to take up the Charmed Ones mantle.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

I'm surprised they didn't put Supernatural on Sundays.  I think it's been on every other available. night.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,661 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 19 May 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

I might give the Charmed reboot a chance but everything I've heard about it so far doesn't give me much hope. I wish they had done a sequel series. Even if all three original actresses didn't want to come back the series finale introduced plenty of new Halliwells ready to take up the Charmed Ones mantle.

If it isn't a sequel, it's interesting that they've changed all the character names. And changed the relationship of the sisters (one is a biracial half-sister) and at least one of their powers. And yet they're keeping other basics of the setup the same, so it seems unlikely that it's meant to be a new set of Charmed Ones in the same reality. Unless there's some kind of magical resonance effect going on, "All this has happened before" and whatnot.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#7 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 20 May 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

I'm surprised they didn't put Supernatural on Sundays.  I think it's been on every other available. night.  :D

Except for Saturday and Sunday, it has.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

And I don't think the CW has ever had a Saturday-night schedule.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:54 AM

^^ No, they didn't. And I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

I was shocked when they added a Sunday schedule.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users