Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD: S5E22 - The End

Marvels Agents of SHIELD Agents of SHIELD Agents of SHIELD finale Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,541 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

In the Season 5 finale, Coulson's life or death is the challenge the team finds themselves in, as the wrong decision will cause the destruction of Earth.

And the sneak peeks:

‘Nuff said?

So tune in to ABC tonight, True Believers, at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central, to see how things turn out.

Excelsior!!!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,231 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

I'm anxiously dreading this episode. But at least we know SHIELD will be back in a year.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,541 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:05 AM

:eek3:

Spoiler

Bastards!!!

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,842 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:51 AM

Spoiler

"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,541 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:22 AM

Ah.  Hence that conversation about the spaceship.  

OK, now the closing scenes all make sense.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#6 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

Did I miss the reveal that made the search for Fitz make sense?

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#7 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,842 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

View PostQueenTiye, on 19 May 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Did I miss the reveal that made the search for Fitz make sense?

It was the postcard that Jemma showed Coulson, with Fitz's message saying "I'm working on it." That was introduced in the first episode of the season and was eventually revealed to be the message Fitz left behind before he went into cryogenic stasis on Enoch's ship near Jupiter, where he slept out the 70-odd years until the rest of the team arrived in the future. Since he went into the future one day at a time in cryosleep rather than jumping over it through time travel, that means his frozen self has been out there the whole time that his later, revived-and-sent-back-in-time self has been, well, back in time with the rest of the team. All this time, there have been two coexisting Fitzes. So the Zephyr just has to fly out to Jupiter, locate Enoch's ship, revive the weeks-younger, frozen Fitz, and tell him the world didn't shatter after all.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#8 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,624 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:57 AM

Deke didn't vanish did he? That means Fitz and Simmons must get back together, unless she's already pregnant.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#9 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,842 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:21 AM

View PostCardie, on 20 May 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

Deke didn't vanish did he? That means Fitz and Simmons must get back together, unless she's already pregnant.

There was no sign of him after the timeline changed. There was a shot of Simmons entering what was apparently Deke's room, established as cluttered earlier in the episode, but now empty, as if he'd never been there. Although that makes no sense, since if the memories and consequences of the time loop still exist, there's no reason that he alone would've been erased. I read that the producers left it deliberately ambiguous whether he was "erased" or just wandered off into the world like he said he was going to do. I prefer to believe the latter, since the former makes no sense on any level.

Facebook Author Page

#10 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,541 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

You know, one thing that I really liked about this season was them showing that even with future knowledge, changing the future/changing history isn't the simple matter that some other shows maintain.  There's a lot of factors at play, reinforcing and backing each other up, and trying to determine WHICH decision is the wrong one, and why it was wrong, and deducing what the right decision is, AND be in a position to effect it over objections takes a lot of work.

For me, this was a refreshing take on that whole trope.

:welldone: Writers of Agents of SHIELD.

Oh, and I believe that Deke simply wandered off to see the world, and that "his" room had simply been cleared out (I seem to recall seeing people moving boxes in the ending montage), as that montage suggested that some time (maybe a day or more) had passed.  YMMV.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,231 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

Well, that was an emotional roller coaster, all right. I didn't really like everything about it, but it was a great episode, and would have made a grand finale if the show were cancelled.  Things ended pretty well for all the main characters, story-wise-- even Fitz, who is lucky enough to have a spare self in cold storage.

Dramatically speaking, Coulson's story ended perfectly. When he prepared to leave, I expected him to hop into Lola and fly off into the sunset. But the show began with his resurrection (and the mystery surrounding it), so to end up on a beach in the real Tahiti with May, as his extra years of life drew to a close, was genius and I wish I thought of it.

And everybody ended up back on good terms again, which I would hardly have thought possible. There were lots of great character moments-- the biggest being Daisy's command decision to leave the command decisions to Mack-- but also YoYo coming to Coulson to explain herself and him agreeing with her decisions, as well as Mack's reaction to Fitz's death.

As for Fitz's death, I really hate it when they kill off a major character in the finale-- but in this case, maybe they had to. The original Fitz is out there in space somewhere with the android guy, which means he'd wake up in 75 years to a broken time loop and all his friends dead of old age, which means that he'd never have reason to figure out how to break the loop, which means that he'd never return to the present, which means that the Fitz who came back and died is just kind of a detached-in-time extra Fitz, which means that once the team realized that the original Fitz is out there and went to save him, they'd have two Fitzes. Ow, my head.

I didn't care much for the spaceship crashing into the city and crushing all those buildings, and probably killing thousands of people-- especially with Talbot responsible. And it's just a shame that poor Talbot was unrepentant to the end and had to be killed. That final scene of him drifting off into space, frozen and dead, was very sad. He deserved better than that.  But that showdown between Daisy and Talbot was pretty epic, with lots of nice little touches-- like the ground cracking under Daisy and all the windows getting caught in Talbot's jet stream as he got flung out of the atmosphere.

After this, I don't feel so bad about waiting over a year for new episodes, because whatever happens next will be more like a sequel than just another season.  I'm sure they'll find a way to save Coulson and I'm sure they'll locate Fitz-- although space is pretty big, so maybe that's why they need a thirteen-month hiatus.  But this felt like a good way to end the story that began with Coulson's resurrection.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,842 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

^They probably need a 13-month hiatus because Avengers 4 will pick up right after Infinity War and thus AoS won't be able to continue the story until after it comes out. I assume all the other Marvel TV shows will pretend they're set before IW, or just mostly ignore the movie stuff as they usually do.

Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Agents of SHIELD, Agents of SHIELD finale, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users