14 replies to this topic

#1 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

Hello Folks

Amazon is in final talks to close a deal to bring back canceled Syfy drama "The Expanse" for a fourth season.

Per Deadline, talks are still preliminary, but there's a very good chance that the show will continue at the streaming service.

I'll keep you posted in this thread.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,629 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:19 PM

Good news for Expanse fans. Maybe we'll have some luck with other cancelled shows as well.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:45 PM

Well, we shall see. If this happens, and I don't watch it streaming on Amazon, will it come out on DVD later?
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,136 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

View PostNorville, on 21 May 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

Well, we shall see. If this happens, and I don't watch it streaming on Amazon, will it come out on DVD later?

Most shows do eventually.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#5 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 608 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

The Expanse Season Three is scheduled to be released on Blu-ray/DVD on July 17.

#6 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:47 AM

UPDATE:

The deal is done. Amazon is bringing back "The Expanse" for a fourth season.

No word yet on an episode count or a premiere date.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 26 May 2018 - 01:48 AM.

#7 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:15 AM

Will it go go dvd at some point?

#8 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:53 AM

^ I asked that, too, up above, and Christopher said that most shows do -- so it just might. Hope it does.
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#9 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:29 PM

Most shows that appear on broadcast do.  (The big four, CW, FX, AMC, etc.)  So far, I haven't seen any of the Amazon shows on dvd.

To be fair, I haven't had time to do a thorough search, so my information may be wrong.

#10 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:25 PM

You can buy the first two seasons on Amazon, either on DVD or Blu-Ray.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#11 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

I know that.  I am talking about season 4, since it will be the first season shown on Amazon.  I don't watch these shows, but I know TRANSPARENT and THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE are Amazon shows with multiple seasons, but a search on their site doesn't show any dvds.

I am worried that there won't be a season 4 on dvd, because that will be the only way I can watch it.

#12 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,728 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:48 PM

From my own experience, I've followed the Amazon production of The Tick through its entire run.  The back half of S1 was available for streaming in, IIRC, February.  I've been keeping my eyes open for the DVD release, and to date, I've yet to see any solicitation for the DVD of that production.

The same is true for S1 of Stan Against Evil, even though S2 is available for streaming.  

So, I cannot say for sure whether Amazon intends to have DVD releases for their own content.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself, who is uncertain whether that helps.

Edited by G-man, 26 May 2018 - 02:50 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#13 Doppleganger

Doppleganger
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

Amazon have pretty much confirmed they will continue further seasons plural of the Expanse so this is good news all-round, from a business standpoint this makes sense for amazon to pick it up as it also lets them promote and sell more of the books.
“Is that not blasphemy? Defying the will of the Covenant?’

‘No,’ said the captain. ‘It was a tactical retreat in the face of overwhelming boredom.”
The First Heretic

#14 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

• Islander
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 26 May 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

I know that.  I am talking about season 4, since it will be the first season shown on Amazon.  I don't watch these shows, but I know TRANSPARENT and THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE are Amazon shows with multiple seasons, but a search on their site doesn't show any dvds.

I am worried that there won't be a season 4 on dvd, because that will be the only way I can watch it.

Ah, sorry, I misread that.

I think that a DVD (and probably Blu-Ray, too) is highly likely, since the first two seasons are out, and I fully expect the third to become available some time after it has finished its run on Syfy. Alcon Television Group, who produces the show for Syfy, will continue to do so for Amazon, so I think there's a good chance that season four (and, potentially, beyond) will be released on disc as well, since those releases are normally done by the producing studios, not the outlets that distribute the content. Sure, Amazon might have struck a deal to delay the release due to their Prime streaming service. But, I think, ultimately, there will be a continuation of the show on disc as well.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 26 May 2018 - 04:16 PM.

#15 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:34 AM

I'm curious what effect this'll have in Canada; The Expanse has been airing on Space, and other Amazon/Netflix/Hulu shows sometimes air up here on Showcase or Bravo. Will Space keep their license (or rather renegotiate with Amazon), will it jump to one of the other stations, or will Canadian viewers be frozen out (will the Amazon feed even be accessible here)?
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users