Jump to content


Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Supergirl: Dark Side of the Moon

Supergirl DC CW

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • Moderator
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

Quote

SUPERGIRL LEARNS A STUNNING SECRET ABOUT KRYPTON - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) is stunned to discover that a part of Krypton survived. Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh) is attacked while out with Ruby (guest star Emma Tremblay), and Lena (Katie McGrath) considers how far she will go to keep Reign contained.


Read more: Listings - SUPERGIRL on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5GqjJzyDF



"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El


It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • Moderator
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

I am going to have to wait for this to be On Demand because local news kept interrupting the broadcast for weather reports. I'm not complaining because knowing about bad weather is more important but it made me miss out on a lot of important scenes so I just gave up about part way through.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El


It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,686 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 29 May 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

I am going to have to wait for this to be On Demand because local news kept interrupting the broadcast for weather reports. I'm not complaining because knowing about bad weather is more important but it made me miss out on a lot of important scenes so I just gave up about part way through.

That happened to me with Elementary last week.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time


Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • Moderator
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

View PostChristopher, on 29 May 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

View PostVirgil Vox, on 29 May 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

I am going to have to wait for this to be On Demand because local news kept interrupting the broadcast for weather reports. I'm not complaining because knowing about bad weather is more important but it made me miss out on a lot of important scenes so I just gave up about part way through.

That happened to me with Elementary last week.

It sucks when it happens but at least we live in a time where there are multiple ways to catch an episode you missed. I remember back in the day (and boy do I feel old saying that) when if you missed an episode you just had to hope it would be re-run eventually. That, or hope the season would get released on DVD.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El


It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,686 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 29 May 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

It sucks when it happens but at least we live in a time where there are multiple ways to catch an episode you missed. I remember back in the day (and boy do I feel old saying that) when if you missed an episode you just had to hope it would be re-run eventually. That, or hope the season would get released on DVD.

Yep. There was an episode of the 1990 The Flash that was interrupted halfway through so Dan Rather could talk for half an hour about the ultimately harmless health scare President Bush had had, and I didn't get to see the back half until years later, when the Sci-Fi Channel reran the show. And they interrupted it at the worst possible moment, right after a gun had gone off between two people wrestling over it and just before it was revealed which one had been killed. (It was easy to guess who it would be, but still.)
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time


Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • Moderator
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

View PostChristopher, on 29 May 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

View PostVirgil Vox, on 29 May 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

It sucks when it happens but at least we live in a time where there are multiple ways to catch an episode you missed. I remember back in the day (and boy do I feel old saying that) when if you missed an episode you just had to hope it would be re-run eventually. That, or hope the season would get released on DVD.

Yep. There was an episode of the 1990 The Flash that was interrupted halfway through so Dan Rather could talk for half an hour about the ultimately harmless health scare President Bush had had, and I didn't get to see the back half until years later, when the Sci-Fi Channel reran the show. And they interrupted it at the worst possible moment, right after a gun had gone off between two people wrestling over it and just before it was revealed which one had been killed. (It was easy to guess who it would be, but still.)

That is truly terrible timing.

I think the worst time I ever missed something was when I missed all of season 4 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. My parents had switched to cable, or maybe satellite, and we didn't get the WB. It wasn't until the DVD was released that I was able to watch all of season 4. I kept up mainly thanks to fan sites. I think that's one of the reasons I like season 4 more than most. To me, it was the lost season.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El


It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman



Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users