Details in this thread

Games You Wished Had Sequels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

Pretty much what the title says. Are there any games that you wished had sequels?

Fable. Yes, there are sequels to Fable but I was hoping for a fourth game in the series. I love these games and wanted to see what they would do next. I liked the world building and how Fable III had a mix of magic and Industrial Revolution technology thrown together. There are rumors that another game developer will pick up the series. Fingers crossed.

DmC: Devil May Cry. Honestly, it doesn't even have to be a sequel to the reboot. I would just like to have a new Devil May Cry game to play.

Mass Effect: Andromeda. This one seems unlikely given how poorly received the game was but I think there is a lot of potential with the story and setting. A sequel could fix the flaws of the first game and give us another truly epic Mass Effect game.

Technomancer. Another long shot but I liked Technomancer a lot. It had a unique setting, interesting characters, and a good plot. There were definitely problems like way too much back tracking but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

The Order: 1886. I was one of like, five people, to truly enjoy this game. I had no problem with the fact that it didn't have innovative gameplay. Nor did I think it was too short. Not every game has to be a 50 hour masterpiece. The world building was spot on, the combat was a lot of fun, and there was some great set-up for future games.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:54 PM

HMMmmm...

Yeah, Mass Effect: Andromeda would make my list, too.  IIRC, I liked it a little less than you, VV, but by the end, I was feeling generally well-disposed to the possibility of a next chapter.

Another Witcher woud obviously be huge, but I think I've heard that the author of the books isn't fond of having his work overshadowed by the game and likely wouldn't go for it.  (Plus, there's the tv series in the works.)

The continuation of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided seems pretty dead in the water, so that would be high on my list.  I had some issues with the game... but the main issue was that it was only HALF a game, so having the series hanging in limbo just makes that most recent game's incompleteness worse.

Dead State - This was an old-school isometric style PC game that was quite rough around the edges (i.e. buggy as heck), but I really loved its approach to the zombie-apocalypse base-building/community-management/combat/scavenging, and wish the developers would take it to the next level.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:28 PM

View PostNiko, on 29 May 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

HMMmmm...

Yeah, Mass Effect: Andromeda would make my list, too.  IIRC, I liked it a little less than you, VV, but by the end, I was feeling generally well-disposed to the possibility of a next chapter.

Another Witcher woud obviously be huge, but I think I've heard that the author of the books isn't fond of having his work overshadowed by the game and likely wouldn't go for it.  (Plus, there's the tv series in the works.)

The continuation of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided seems pretty dead in the water, so that would be high on my list.  I had some issues with the game... but the main issue was that it was only HALF a game, so having the series hanging in limbo just makes that most recent game's incompleteness worse.

Dead State - This was an old-school isometric style PC game that was quite rough around the edges (i.e. buggy as heck), but I really loved its approach to the zombie-apocalypse base-building/community-management/combat/scavenging, and wish the developers would take it to the next level.

A good list. Andromeda, for all its faults, could be a good franchise with some tweaks. Fingers crossed. Also, I so hope we get a re-mastered version of the original trilogy for this gen of consoles.

Never played Deus Ex: Mankind Divided but it sucks that it was only half a game. That's what I felt about Gears of War 4. When I reached the end of the game I felt ripped off. It ends abruptly with the story not finished. Say what you will about the original trilogy but each game was a complete story unto itself with some dangling plots that could be picked up in the next game.

Surprised about the Witcher author. You'd think that the games might have people buying the books so he would want them to continue. The again, maybe the games aren't helping his book sales at all.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users