• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:13 PM

Why is Lip-Sync Battle even on television? Who on Earth watches this vapid drivel?

Every commercial for this clunker has tw*t-grabbing, air-f**king (aka "twerking"), high-kicking showing as much box as possible, generally the kind of obscenity 12-year-old's indulge in.

Lip-syncing as a subject for a tv show? Are you kidding? Has US society sunk that low?
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

People like to see celebrities acting silly and outside of their normal milieu, and Jimmy Fallon's segments on lip-synch battles were very popular.

I agree that it's ridiculous that they made a show out of it, but that's the reason for it.  Same basic reason there was a "Battle of the Network Stars" for so many years.

Sidebar:  I heard something the other day about how one of the reasons the Cobra Kai series ("sequel" series to the Karate Kid movies) ended up on Youtube Red was because Youtube had data showing that clips from the Karate Kid movies were clicked on a lot, so they had data that backed up that their membership might be interested in the new show.  That sort of thing is likely behind things like this nowadays.  "Man, look how many hits those Jimmy Fallon segments get on youtube... let's get those eyeballs on our tv show, too!
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users