3 replies to this topic

#1 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:03 AM

Hello Folks

Freeform has announced today that its supernatural drama "Shadowhunters" will end after the current third season will wrap in Spring 2019. The show will return next year for the final 12 episodes that culminate in a two-hour series finale that will bring the saga to a close.

"We are very proud of 'Shadowhunters', a series that broke new ground in the genre world and became a fan favorite,” the network said in a statement. “However, along with our partners at Constantin, we reached the very difficult decision not to renew the show for a fourth season.  But, as big supporters and fans ourselves, Freeform insisted on and championed the filming of a special two-part finale that would give devoted fans a proper ending. The twelve episodes will air in spring of 2019. We want to thank our talented creators, producers, cast and crew along with our colleagues at Constantin for their hard work and dedication and to Cassie Clare for her incredible book series. We look forward to the final chapter of this breakthrough drama."

The reason for setting an end date for "Shadowhunters" is that producing partner Constantin has lost its output deal with Netflix, and therefore was looking for a greater financial commitment from Freeform. However, the cable network was unable to come up with a financially feasible plan to keep the show going.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Edited by Lambsilencer, 05 June 2018 - 02:09 AM.

#2 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:03 AM

I tried to like that show because I thought the movie was pretty good.  I just couldn't get into it.

#3 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

^^ I had the same problem. I watched three episodes, then I was completely fed up with the low-cost production values. Every set piece looked very artificial, made of cheap plastic materials, it took me right out of the story.
Maybe those values improved later, based on the fact that it is now considered an expensive show to make, or maybe they just increased the number of VFX which in turn increased the costs.

In any case, I lost interest very early in its run.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

I also couldn't get into the show. I am a fan of the book series the show is based on, and that's part of why I didn't like the show. They just made too many changes. I get that adapting it for a new medium requires changes and I can overlook some stuff but I couldn't with this show.

The low production values hurt it as well. It did look cheaply made and a show based on a book about a society of demon hunters needs decent special effects.

I think they did do a pretty good job with castings it though. The actors were close to how I imagined the characters.

Still, at least Freeform is giving the show a good send-off.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users