#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SUPERGIRL PREPARES FOR BATTLE - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) learns the true depth of Serena's (guest star Anjali Jay) nefarious plans for Earth. Supergirl, Mon-El (Chris Wood) and Alura (guest star Erica Durance) must devise a plan to stop her before Serena gets to Earth. J'onn (David Harewood) prepares to say goodbye to his father

Read more: Listings - SUPERGIRL on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutonc.../#ixzz5I9vbTc31

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:12 PM

I felt this episode was all over the place. Not bad per se but there was a lot of info dumps that probably should have been doled out slowly over the course of the season.

A lot of the magic stuff with the three Kryptonian witches and the prophecy and the Sword of Juru and Terra-forming Earth came out of left field. It also doesn't jibe with Reign's code of only killing those who deserve it, though that has been applied rather slap dash this season.

The characters also did (and didn't) do some very stupid things. Take the scene where the witches heat vision the DEO agent. Supergirl, Mon-El, Alex, and Alura are literally standing just a few feet away and could do something to stop the witches but don't They stand there and let the guy die. That leads to another stupid scene where Winn blames himself for the agent's death since his personal shield didn't work. Dude, the super-people deserve the blame.

Supergirl was pretty stupid when she tossed the blood vials to Selena. Why even take the chance with that? Supergirl should have just heat visioned the vials immediately. Instead she literally hands the witches what they need to make Reign complete.

During last week's episode I was thinking that Sam probably should have been under observation for a few days since there could have been unknown side effects to getting rid of Reign. Well, this week I was proved right since Sam is slowly dying as Reign grows in strength.

Oh, and the whole Dark Valley and the fountain that exists within it that can give Sam strength is really wonky. I had assumed the Valley was just a mental construct but apparently it is somehow real and can help Sam? Okay. I'll go with it, I guess.

The J'onn and Myr'ynn scenes were great. This plot has been handled so well over the course of the season. The scenes were so touching. I loved how at the end Myr'nn offered to fly the core of the Earth to try and protect it from Reign.

The witches invading the DEO made for a great action scene. Alex kicked a lot of ass. I was frustrated that she shot two of the witches with Kryptonite bullets and they just more or less shrugged them off.

I am coming off harsher than I meant to. I did like the episode but so much was info dumped here that it felt rushed. I just don't think it is as good as the penultimate episodes from seasons 1 and 2.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,686 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:27 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 14 June 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

Oh, and the whole Dark Valley and the fountain that exists within it that can give Sam strength is really wonky. I had assumed the Valley was just a mental construct but apparently it is somehow real and can help Sam? Okay. I'll go with it, I guess.

They established weeks ago that it's a "parallel dimension." Since magic is involved, presumably it's something akin to the dimension where Sara and Nora's souls were trapped when Mallus possessed them in Legends of Tomorrow. Or like the dimension in that Constantine episode where the mind could create its own physical reality.

Alex kicked a lot of ass. I was frustrated that she shot two of the witches with Kryptonite bullets and they just more or less shrugged them off.

We saw that Reign was able to develop a resistance to kryptonite. Again, magic.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users