• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,587 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:49 AM

SyFy is showing the last season of 12 Monkeys on four straight Fridays, three episodes each night, starting at 8 pm ET.  Today are the first three.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#2 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,299 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:45 PM

Started late and finished the series just yesterday.  WOW! It was a great run, and I loved that they brought everyone back for the finale.  

From the VERY beginning of the series, I thought that James was going to be the thing in the box, which meant that for the whole of the finale I was expecting to be really sad at the end.  SO glad that it turned out differently.  Still creepy.  AND, I think it was a cheat, because in the first season, Cole seemed to paradox around the box, which wouldn't be the case if it was Olivia.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,716 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:06 PM

IIRC, the showrunners changed after season 1, and the direction of the story seemed to change too, with all the new concepts about the Red Forest and everything being brought in. So I suspect there was some rejiggering of the premise.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#4 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:00 PM

This was a great season, for a great series.

I really liked how it was a happy ending for everyone... Ramse, Jones, Deacon, Cassie, Cole.  Particularly since the series got really dark at points.

#5 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,587 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:04 AM

The last season spent a long time on the search for the machine, which turned out to be a bust, but it gave them the opportunity to bring back most of the significant recurring characters and I think it earned the undiluted happy ending. All in all, Jennifer was the MVP.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users