#1 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

Hello Folks

"Lucifer" has risen again.

Netflix has officially picked up the canceled FOX drama and ordered a fourth season of 10 episodes.

"Lucifer" was canceled this spring by FOX, alongside "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", among others. The latter show was resurrected by NBC shortly after.

FOX itself has resurrected former ABC comedy "Last Man Standing", starring Tim Allen, for a new season after the show was off the air for a year.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,797 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:02 PM

Good news for Lucifer fans. It's always nice when a cancelled show gets a reprieve.

Of course, I'd be a lot happier if it happened to shows I like.  Sleepy Hollow and Dark Matter deserve to live!  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,785 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:35 PM

Last season, I got frustrated by the show's formulaic quality -- not so much the procedural stuff as Lucifer's unchanging narcissism, his failure to learn and grow, and most annoyingly, his tendency to take somebody's passing comment literally and exaggeratedly reshape his entire behavior around it week after week. I got so sick of it that I stopped watching midway through season 3, though once it was cancelled, I decided I might as well catch up via On Demand.

But I do hope that no longer being on a commercial network means that the series won't be as bound by formula and episodic structure. Hopefully, now that the big secret is out for Chloe, the show can delve more into the supernatural and mythological side of the premise, bring in more elements from the comics, and allow character development more sophisticated than "What random comment will Lucifer rebuild his whole life around this week?"
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users