Andromeda actors on TV

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:22 AM

Hallmark is letting me see a few of these folk again.  Lexa Doig is on a recurring series on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries called the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries playing a reporter and friend of the main character so has quite a bit of screen time.  Steve Bacic is the husband of the main character on another recurring series, Garage Sale Mysteries - not as much screen time but some good scenes.  And Laura Bertram had a small part on one of the winter movies on Hallmark.  (I have a client who watches a lot of things on Hallmark and caught the previews.)  Most of the Hallmark shows seem to be shot in Canada.  Anyway, it's good to see Lexa and Steve on a regular basis again.
Cats will never be extinct!

#2 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,785 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:26 PM

I've seen Doig and Bacic on numerous Vancouver-made shows -- they're both pretty busy, more so than most of the rest of the Andromeda cast. For instance, they've both appeared on Arrow over the past two seasons, Bacic as a minor villain in two episodes and Doig as Talia al Ghul in several episodes.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

Lexa Doig will be in the newest Aurora Teagarden movie in July 29 for anyone who is interested. I like the movies. They have a nice cast, decent mysteries, and are a nice way to pass a few hours at night.

Kevin Sorbo guest starred on Supergirl in season 2.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,499 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:24 AM

I think Laura had just spent the better part of the last eight to ten years focusing on family with a sprinkle of minor roles here and there.  By all accounts, she had become a teacher in that time as well (she had a college degree before Andromeda).

Lexa was also on a show called Continuum that ended in 2015.

I'm not sure if Lisa Ryder has done much of anything in the last decade.  Similar with Gordon M. Woolvett, Keith H. Cobb and Brent Strait.  Which is a shame because I think they all had a decent amount of talent.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,785 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:57 AM

Lexa Doig has also played Talia al Ghul on Arrow, and until recently she was a regular on a US cable series called The Arrangement. Gordon Woolvett had a recurring role on iZombie in season 3, though I didn't recognize him there. From 2008-9, he was a regular in a Canadian series called The Guard along with Steve Bacic and Zoie Palmer (Lost Girl, Dark Matter). Laura Bertram, Brent Stait, and Lisa Ryder have all been working fairly steadily in various one-shot guest roles, according to IMDb. Keith Hamilton Cobb has no acting credits post-2007, though.

I guess the thing to remember is that the same actors we know from all the American shows shot in Canada (or Canadian shows picked up in the US) also do a bunch of Canadian shows that don't get aired in the US. So just because we don't see them down here doesn't mean they aren't still working steadily.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Facebook Author Page

#6 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:56 AM

Keith is touring with his one-man show American Moor.
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#7 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,785 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

View Postkcsue, on 02 August 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Ah. I should've said no screen acting credits. I should know better than to forget the theater.

Facebook Author Page

#8 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:55 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 21 July 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

Lexa Doig will be in the newest Aurora Teagarden movie in July 29 for anyone who is interested. I like the movies. They have a nice cast, decent mysteries, and are a nice way to pass a few hours at night.

I'm really enjoying the movies and Lexa has lots of screen time - it's really nice to see her semi-regularly again.  I'm watching the ones I missed too.  Ditto with the Garage Sale Mysteries.  The first ep aired recently and there was a different husband; guest they recast with Steve Bacic after the pilot.

View PostChristopher, on 02 August 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

I guess the thing to remember is that the same actors we know from all the American shows shot in Canada (or Canadian shows picked up in the US) also do a bunch of Canadian shows that don't get aired in the US. So just because we don't see them down here doesn't mean they aren't still working steadily.

True - I guess my original post was to let folk know where they can be seen in the US.  I figured most folk here would know about Arrow but didn't know how many might watch Hallmark channels.
Cats will never be extinct!

#9 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

Bertram played a patient on one of those medical melodramas.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#10 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:59 AM

View PostThemis, on 02 August 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

View PostVirgil Vox, on 21 July 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

I'm really enjoying the movies and Lexa has lots of screen time - it's really nice to see her semi-regularly again.  I'm watching the ones I missed too.  Ditto with the Garage Sale Mysteries.  The first ep aired recently and there was a different husband; guest they recast with Steve Bacic after the pilot.

The Aurora Teagarden movies are quite good. I felt that this last one was the best one so far. The mystery had a little more depth to it and wasn't as obvious as some of the ones from the past. I think Sally and Jason have formed a small little Scooby gang to help back up Ro and that the three make a good team.

I wasn't a fan of the new love interest. I felt he was pretty bland. I was hoping it would turn out he was the murderer and had gotten close to Ro to  make sure she didn't solve the case.

The other Hallmark mystery movies are good. I've liked the two Emma Fielding movies. I hope they do more.

Oh, Steve Bacic was also in the short lived Spooksville series, based on the books by Christopher Pike. It aired on the Hub Channel, which no longer exists. The show was on Netflix but I'm not sure if it still is.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#11 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,785 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 13 August 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

Oh, Steve Bacic was also in the short lived Spooksville series, based on the books by Christopher Pike. It aired on the Hub Channel, which no longer exists.

It still exists -- it's just called Discovery Family now. Although it has different owners and different programming, so I guess it no longer exists in that form.

Facebook Author Page

#12 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,499 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:20 PM

View PostChristopher, on 02 August 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

View Postkcsue, on 02 August 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Ah. I should've said no screen acting credits. I should know better than to forget the theater.

An interesting stage show premise.  Thanks for the heads up.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#13 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:19 PM

View PostChristopher, on 13 August 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

View PostVirgil Vox, on 13 August 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

Oh, Steve Bacic was also in the short lived Spooksville series, based on the books by Christopher Pike. It aired on the Hub Channel, which no longer exists.

It still exists -- it's just called Discovery Family now. Although it has different owners and different programming, so I guess it no longer exists in that form.

I did mean that it no longer exists in the form of the Hub and doesn't have any of the same programming as far as I am aware. Also, I wasn't sure if Discovery Family still existed as a channel.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users