7 replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:30 PM

RE: all the hoopla about suicide . . .

On the large scale, you can't prevent suicide. For all of recorded history, a percentage of humans have taken their own lives. It's built-in, genetic, something humans do.
To be genetic (and it is), it has to do with evolution, and if we've evolved to suicide, it obviously has something to do with the health of the species vs the needs of the individual, the latter of which is not relevant to the species as a whole.

The notion of preventing suicide is as inane as trying to prevent ageing, or thinning hair. Like it or not, it simply is.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,490 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:11 PM

:eek: So hairclub for men is a crock?  :eek:

Sorry.  While, yes, some suicides cannot be prevented, there are those cases where suicide was a conscious decision, as opposed to a genetic predisposition, and I'd argue that those are the suicides that can be prevented.

It's kinda like being obese, for many it's due to diet and lack of exercise, while for others it is a genetic predisposition ... the problem being that the general public does not distinguish between the two.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:19 PM

There are so many options as reasons why one would commit self termination.
I would never have pegged genetics as one of them.
Only in a case of truly corrupted DNA where an advanced intellect reasons: "Trade it in for a new model."

There is a vastly held misconception that death is the end. Mostly because if you have not been tuned in to not go to the light, where your memory is erased, or in my case, suppressed, (I didn't go to the light, there where other factors in play,) you don't remember your past lives. If you did remember the hell it is on earth, you might not want to return. :D
At least not on this plain of existence.

Many of us when faced with the unpleasantness of being part of the human race want out at one time or another.
So in a way, the fact that we are humans, your probably right?

Look at the history of humans, "It's a good day to die!" A popular quote from many war movies, has the same intentions as suicide.

Gladiators, sky divers, test pilots, steeple jacks, etc etc. All are tempting the unknown.

Edited by D.Rabbit, 02 July 2018 - 11:22 PM.

7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#4 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:06 PM

The underlying thing is the human brain. We're conditioned to listen to the nonsense that comes out of it via the mouth, but one has to remember that humans are like television: you can't learn anything about a television set by watching one.

Take murder, for instance. It is human instinct to kill. In fact, an old lawyerly saying is "law is the criminalisation of human behaviour".

When it comes to our huge, defective brains, we can't see the forest for the trees, and think and believe all manner of nonsense.

One such nugget is, "We have to fix things so that this will never happen again . . . ", which of course is a pipe-dream if ever there was one.

Pipe dream: "referring to a dream experienced when smoking an opium pipe."

#5 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

I've been waiting for the powers that be to show up again and fix our defective DNA so that we might be considered a spices among the others that visit this planet.
Now we have the tools and they are going on the open market.
You can bet the corruption elevates to a new height over this new toy!

At no time will they ever shut off the God Gene. The brain washers will see to that.
Keeps us enslaved, and hopefully not fallowing our DNA's programming.  
One can dream, but probably not until after the Yellowstone caldera puts on a show and cuts our numbers down.

#6 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:07 PM

It could well be that DNA is real but we are not.

Back in the mid-60's it was posited that we aren't really conscious entities. At the time the notion was more philosophical than scientific. But given what is known today, the likelihood is that consciousness is an illusion.

Everything the brain presents us with is an illusion: sight, sound, perception, colour, location, etc.

For example, a recent test positioning a camera behind a subject with the subject watching the back of his head on a monitor has demonstrated that our sense of location is an illusion. It's not a stretch to posit that consciousness itself is no less an illusion. We only think we're conscious and alive, and possessing free willy.

The thing is, there are so many parameters to what we think of as consciousness that free will is impossible. One may as well ask the image on a television screen if it is self-aware. It behaves as it was made to do, just as we ourselves do.

#7 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:56 AM

I say that reality is an illusion.
We are in a bubble blocked off from the 7 verses because we are so defective they don't want us loose.
This is a prison planet with one way portholes.

The thing is, once you get to my level of awareness, you can block the portholes and keep them out.

Yeti's beware, your days of stinking up the woodlands are numbered. Better behave.

I did see the other day, a man with a camera behind him while he watched in a monitor. He was cutting the hair on the back of his head. Good plan, me want.

The third eye is what one needs to see your place in this conglomeration of photons etc.
LSD helps too.

Edited by D.Rabbit, 07 July 2018 - 05:17 AM.

#8 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:48 PM

The third eye is what you get when you're subjected to high levels of radioactivity. :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users